ODFL | White Glove Delivery Services

It wont mean more jobs. It will mean get that 500 lb box up those 20 residential steps by yourself driver. Getting too old for this ::shit::.

Send a helper with a P/D driver?? :biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::clap: You must be a line driver.

I never signed on to be an installer or mover.

Here's a question, if we remove the debris does it go into the customer's garbage or back on our trailer? Hey, I heard that line driver's are going to be the helpers. On our days off we will be riding with the P&D's to give a hand!:shift::biglaugh:

Okay, I'm just joking around, I don't want any of my fellow line drivers to get upset. Everyone have a great day!

You could really get into some trouble starting a rumor like that hahaha. Can you just imagine going into a cat **** smell house putting together a treadmill? It would be the biggest halfass job to get out there quick enough. The treadmill would be running in reverse by the time I got done with it.

You could really get into some trouble starting a rumor like that hahaha. Can you just imagine going into a cat **** smell house putting together a treadmill? It would be the biggest halfass job to get out there quick enough. The treadmill would be running in reverse by the time I got done with it.
while are semi is out front blocking off the street...lol

I asked the midwest VP(Mike W.) at our wage meeting today. He said you may pick up a skid that is marked for white glove service but on the delivery end it will go do an outside agent we have contracted with. OD drivers will not be doing the white glove delivery. We wont be doing any unpacking and cleanup or anything.

Thanks kbigdog for getting some information on this. I know that our TM has mentioned the possibility of a certain service such as this being put into place but we were never told when.

This shows the importance of the Truckingboards.

I asked the midwest VP(Mike W.) at our wage meeting today. He said you may pick up a skid that is marked for white glove service but on the delivery end it will go do an outside agent we have contracted with. OD drivers will not be doing the white glove delivery. We wont be doing any unpacking and cleanup or anything.

yea i heard the same there gonna come pick up the freight and handle the whole thing

Send a helper with a P/D driver?? :biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::clap: You must be a line driver.

I never signed on to be an installer or mover.
I'm a do all...the most hated person in the OD family...A COMBO Driver:poster_oops:..I didn't sign up for it either but in these times I am just happy to have a job. Even if it deos mean a little more sweat.:TR10driving03:

I'm a do all...the most hated person in the OD family...A COMBO Driver:poster_oops:..I didn't sign up for it either but in these times I am just happy to have a job. Even if it deos mean a little more sweat.:TR10driving03:
Heck i really like our combo guy not only is he a pretty decent human,vacations would be a pretty big problem without him being here to cover.I have no real insight on what OD's business plan is for this service but there are other companies doing this service around here for companies like Sears,Best Buy,and similar companies,most of these outfits contracted home delivery quite some time ago,one thing most of the logistic companies all seem to do is they employ contractors,usually on some lease-purchase scheme,some furnish your helper which in turn comes out of your settlement, kind of reminds me of the FedEx ground model;They tell you what kind of truck you're gonna drive,what uniform to wear,even who your help is,and how much money your gonna make,and call them "Independent Contractors". I hope OD has a different plan for this service there's already plenty of companies taking advantage of these poor guys.

There's a notice going around this week on what to do with White Glove shipments. It'll be contracted out to a company that specializes in White Glove services on the delivery end.

Seems to me a P & D driver wouldn't have the time. To do inside deliveries yes, but not to stop during the run to do any assembly, even with a helper. Have to sit back, wait, and see what this brings. LOL.

I think it would mean a P&D driver would have help for a day!!!!!!!!
White Glove=Helper....

Hi guys i am a YRC driver and we have had the service for a long time. The company will charge more for this service and you will break down the freight and take it inside wherever they want you to and haul the trash away. Yes you will do it all by yourself with no help and grin and bear it. Unless its to heavy for 1 person then you might get some help just food for thought Ive been there done that.