TForce | who benefits from this

Overnite

TB Veteran
Credits
I do a double turn and always spot my trailers to the dock that is a .3 and a .4 on every turn also hook to a city trailer at the end of my shift and fuel once a night total that is 2.9 sometimes I will pull 1 or 2 trailers at my terminal when asked to but that is not everynight so I won't count it

2.9 x 5 days 14.5 hours
14.5 hours x $21.50 = $311.75

For me to make the same thing as now, I have to spend 14.5 hours dropping and hooking per week

I work my terminals outbound freight and work the dock at the hub at my discretion

If we vote to be union, I have to slow down and take 3 hours a day to drop and hook to keep the same pay, currently I can drop and hook in about half the time we are allowed.

if I plan on working a 14 hour a day that leaves me 11 hours after the drops and hooks, working my temnals outbound can take 3-4 hours, now I am down to 7 hours, It takes about 6-7 hours of driving to make the turn twice,

I am not left any time to work dock at the hub becuase I spent those hours dropping and hooking, also when my terminals outbound is slow I make those hours up at the hub by working and hour or 2 there. So my schedule is pretty consistent.

if you kept up through all of this the short version is I will lose about 2 hours of pay a day, the reducued time when delay pay starts ":30 before vs 1 hour after scheduled depart time" helps me none.

City drivers have nothing to give up they win all the way around if we go union, there has to be other road drivers in my situation.

If the 34 hour restart ever comes back into play they will have to start hooking my set and then I am really in a hole.

I do a double turn and always spot my trailers to the dock that is a .3 and a .4 on every turn also hook to a city trailer at the end of my shift and fuel once a night total that is 2.9 sometimes I will pull 1 or 2 trailers at my terminal when asked to but that is not everynight so I won't count it

2.9 x 5 days 14.5 hours

For me to make the same thing as now, I have to spend 14.5 hours dropping and hooking per week

I work my terminals outbound freight and work the dock at the hub at my discretion

If we vote to be union, I have to slow down and take 3 hours a day to drop and hook to keep the same pay, currently I can drop and hook in about half the time we are allowed.

if I plan on working a 14 hour a day that leaves me 11 hours after the drops and hooks, working my temnals outbound can take 3-4 hours, now I am down to 7 hours, It takes about 6-7 hours of driving to make the turn twice,

I am not left any time to work dock at the hub becuase I spent those hours dropping and hooking, also when my terminals outbound is slow I make those hours up at the hub by working and hour or 2 there. So my schedule is pretty consistent.

if you kept up through all of this the short version is I will lose about 2 hours of pay a day, the reducued time when delay pay starts ":30 before vs 1 hour after scheduled depart time" helps me none.

City drivers have nothing to give up they win all the way around if we go union, there has to be other road drivers in my situation.

If the 34 hour restart ever comes back into play they will have to start hooking my set and then I am really in a hole.

Overnite all those things you have spoken of will happen if you vote union or not. You don't have to believe me and probably will not but if I was a betting man I'd cover any amount you wanted to bet on it. JMHO

Overnite all those things you have spoken of will happen if you vote union or not. You don't have to believe me and probably will not but if I was a betting man I'd cover any amount you wanted to bet on it. JMHO

2.9 x 5 days 14.5 hours

Well hip hip hurray for your special little niche in the UPSF road driver world. We are all so happy that you are getting over on the current system. But guess what. Not everyone is as lucky as you. Try making that kind of time hooking and breaking in some of the congested terminals, where everyone is trying to do the same thing, without enough room to do it in. Searching for trailers that are double and triple stacked, no empties to be found. etc. Delayed hours. I could go on and on as to how this contract will benefit a lot of people, out here in the west anyway. Elvis out....

2.9 x 5 days 14.5 hours

Well hip hip hurray for your special little niche in the UPSF road driver world. We are all so happy that you are getting over on the current system. But guess what. Not everyone is as lucky as you. Try making that kind of time hooking and breaking in some of the congested terminals, where everyone is trying to do the same thing, without enough room to do it in. Searching for trailers that are double and triple stacked, no empties to be found. etc. Delayed hours. I could go on and on as to how this contract will benefit a lot of people, out here in the west anyway. Elvis out....

in our local we get 30 minutes to drop and hook. doesn't matter if it takes 5 minutes or the whole half hour...

in our local we get 30 minutes to drop and hook. doesn't matter if it takes 5 minutes or the whole half hour...

There are others who turn 3 times and don't work the dock they would lose more than me they would have to spend 21 hours a week dropping and hooking just to make the same money, if they plan for a 14 hour day that onle leaves them about 9 hours to drive there almost 500 miles, there saying it is not possible.

My point is there are legitimate reasons to vote no on this contract, they could have negoitiated a contract where everyone benefits.

Delay pay? if you arrive 3 hours before your scheduled depart time you would still have to sit for 2 and 1/2 hours before you get payed, that is why I work the dock until my trailers are ready as most drivers here do. So that is a non issue. I get payed from minuite 1.

I should try it in some of the congested terminals? I do it in orlanda, that is the florida hub we have 3 completely seperate yards with no lightning in two of them, no it is not the biggest but it is bigger than average.

There are alot of people who beleive they will be better off financially if they vote yes, but they have not taken the time to sit down and actually figuire it out.

How am I getting over on the current system?

Please go on and on how this contract is gonna benefit me, how am I gonna make up for the $3500 I will lose in 401k match I will lose a year, how much intrest will $3500 accrue over 25 years?

In Florida my insurance, extra ADD and extra life insurance cost me a whopping $7.06 per week, in the contract it will go up to $50 for just medical correct?

and I will have to pay $58 a month for dues.

I will be taking a huge pay cut, I don't gain anything. I think there are alot of people in my situation but they just haven't realised it.

There are others who turn 3 times and don't work the dock they would lose more than me they would have to spend 21 hours a week dropping and hooking just to make the same money, if they plan for a 14 hour day that onle leaves them about 9 hours to drive there almost 500 miles, there saying it is not possible.

My point is there are legitimate reasons to vote no on this contract, they could have negoitiated a contract where everyone benefits.

Delay pay? if you arrive 3 hours before your scheduled depart time you would still have to sit for 2 and 1/2 hours before you get payed, that is why I work the dock until my trailers are ready as most drivers here do. So that is a non issue. I get payed from minuite 1.

I should try it in some of the congested terminals? I do it in orlanda, that is the florida hub we have 3 completely seperate yards with no lightning in two of them, no it is not the biggest but it is bigger than average.

There are alot of people who beleive they will be better off financially if they vote yes, but they have not taken the time to sit down and actually figuire it out.

How am I getting over on the current system?

Please go on and on how this contract is gonna benefit me, how am I gonna make up for the $3500 I will lose in 401k match I will lose a year, how much intrest will $3500 accrue over 25 years?

In Florida my insurance, extra ADD and extra life insurance cost me a whopping $7.06 per week, in the contract it will go up to $50 for just medical correct?

and I will have to pay $58 a month for dues.

I will be taking a huge pay cut, I don't gain anything. I think there are alot of people in my situation but they just haven't realised it.

first and foremost everybody has been griping about not being paid for their time, now's your chance and you're having second thoughts? second, instead of being paid by the tenth to drop and hook, maybe it should be by the quarter hour per item, 15 minute blocks are good enough for the dot they should be good enough for the company. that might be a negotiable item. third, I'd much rather spend 3 hours a day dropping and hooking and making sure my set is safe than working the dock. I, did not hire on to drive a forklift.

first and foremost everybody has been griping about not being paid for their time, now's your chance and you're having second thoughts? second, instead of being paid by the tenth to drop and hook, maybe it should be by the quarter hour per item, 15 minute blocks are good enough for the dot they should be good enough for the company. that might be a negotiable item. third, I'd much rather spend 3 hours a day dropping and hooking and making sure my set is safe than working the dock. I, did not hire on to drive a forklift.

currently we are payed a set amount for each action in .3 to hook a set .4 to break a set and back both to a door and .1 to move a piece of equiptment.

me and most everyone can do it faster than that, I have seen road drivers come to my terminal and have a 15 minuite turnaround time that is dropping out of a set and hooking a set. there getting paid for .7 hours and only taking .25 to do it.

If we go union we will be paid for the actual time it takes sounds great but once we slow down and take 3-5 hours a night dropping and hooking that doesn't leave enough time to make your run without going over 14 hours, you would lose your third turn, or second turn if you travel a longer distance.

the guys that run TMP to ORO and OCA to ORO turn 3 times and can not do it if they spend 4 hours a night dropping and hooking, they will lose there third turn.

currently we are payed a set amount for each action in .3 to hook a set .4 to break a set and back both to a door and .1 to move a piece of equiptment.

me and most everyone can do it faster than that, I have seen road drivers come to my terminal and have a 15 minuite turnaround time that is dropping out of a set and hooking a set. there getting paid for .7 hours and only taking .25 to do it.

If we go union we will be paid for the actual time it takes sounds great but once we slow down and take 3-5 hours a night dropping and hooking that doesn't leave enough time to make your run without going over 14 hours, you would lose your third turn, or second turn if you travel a longer distance.

the guys that run TMP to ORO and OCA to ORO turn 3 times and can not do it if they spend 4 hours a night dropping and hooking, they will lose there third turn.

sounds to like the runs will have to be re-structured, nothing wrong with doing 2.5 turns a night if it pays the same and is done safe.

sounds to like the runs will have to be re-structured, nothing wrong with doing 2.5 turns a night if it pays the same and is done safe.

2.5 turns? That is not possible

how it works in florida is the end of line terminals have to have road drivers employed there to bring the freight to the hub into ORO most terminals have to have feight on the way to oro by about 8pm,

The hub can not cover these runs becuase if the driver starts out in ORO then he has to take a set of empties to the terminals on the first trip it would create an extra run and take longer for the freight to move we.

This is one decision that central has made that has made sense, each terminal has to cover there freight going to the hub.

if my terminal was within 80 miles of the hub I would not be happy taking hours at a hotel there knowing my home was an hour away.

2.5 turns? That is not possible

how it works in florida is the end of line terminals have to have road drivers employed there to bring the freight to the hub into ORO most terminals have to have feight on the way to oro by about 8pm,

The hub can not cover these runs becuase if the driver starts out in ORO then he has to take a set of empties to the terminals on the first trip it would create an extra run and take longer for the freight to move we.

This is one decision that central has made that has made sense, each terminal has to cover there freight going to the hub.

if my terminal was within 80 miles of the hub I would not be happy taking hours at a hotel there knowing my home was an hour away.