TForce | who has the cards?????

my local keeps saying'' waiting on WORD'' what the F%$#!!!!!

We are hearing the same thing, and we have allready sighned the damn things, just how much longer are we going to wait, is this some cruel joke?

I suggest we get the TDU involved. After ,if I ever become a brother, I will start a campaighn to throw him out, if this is his kind of negotiations, it sucks.

We are hearing the same thing, and we have allready sighned the damn things, just how much longer are we going to wait, is this some cruel joke?

I suggest we get the TDU involved.

We have a commitee meeting in dal this sat I will try to to get some info to pass along.

Hey mudflap do you have alot of union support in SOH? I hope so, like everyone Im tired of playing the waiting game.:smilie_132:

The cards that have been signed before hand are worthless. There is a new union card that is exclusive to the UPSF CCA. Those cards will only be given out to the locals once the union informs UPS that it has a terminal in its area that they want to organize. There will be a short list of terminals that will be done first. Only terminals with at least 65% for the union will be taken. 50% +1 won't do it for this time around. The CCA is 3 years long. Some will have to wait.:1036316054:

The cards that have been signed before hand are worthless. There is a new union card that is exclusive to the UPSF CCA. Those cards will only be given out to the locals once the union informs UPS that it has a terminal in its area that they want to organize. There will be a short list of terminals that will be done first. Only terminals with at least 65% for the union will be taken. 50% +1 won't do it for this time around. The CCA is 3 years long. Some will have to wait.:1036316054:

Cards will not be sent until a prospected terminals show their Local Unions they have at least 65%! The CCA is 51% for recognition but because of the new labor law changes to "card check recognition" by the NLRB, 65% is being seeked by the IBT to make sure no terminal falls in crack because of these new laws. The new law is as followed:

The new rules state that immediatley after receiving recognition, the Union and/or Compnay must notify the NLRB Regional Office. The NLRB will provide the Company with a notice to post at the workplace for 45days. During the 45 day posting period, a rival union may file a petition with the NLRB for an election if it collects signatures from at least 30% of the unit stating that they wish to be represented by the rival union. In addition, anti-union employees may file a decertification petition during the 45 day period also with 30% showing of intrest in decertifying the Teamster. Therefore it is extremely important to all of us that our Locals have strong support from all the employees before demanding recognition in order to avoid going through an election. This card check agreement is a wonderful thing and sends a strong message to every employee that if you want to be a Teamster all you have to do is sign! With the "Fair/Play agreement" that was agreed upon last year between the company and the Union and now this CCA it is so easy to finally get reconized and have everything we do under contract, protecting us and our families! Dallas, Fort Worth and Garland lets roll!!:1036316054: And to the rest of you guys......LETS ROLL TOGETHER!!!

Well then heres a good idea.
Why not just google your local Teamsters local number,and find out what their address is if nobody you know knows what it is.
Then put a sheet of paper on a clip board in your drivers room.
have everybody thats willing sign their names.
When you've got over 65 % of the names of willing workers.
fold up the sheet of paper,stuff it in an envelope.
Take a collection to buy the stamps,or whatever.(Just being funny)

Then mail it off to your local union hall in care of their president,or Vice president.
Whoever.

After a few days to make sure they received your declaration to join up.
Give them a call,and ask them what the next step in the organizing process will be for your terminal.

Got that?
I hope it helps you all to figure out what you can do besides just whinning about waiting around.

Sorry I couldn't help myself.
(I was just kidding on the whinny part)

Well this is the problem, you are stating the cards allready sighned is no good, we have seen this, on this site , not by our local who is failing in verbal communication skills so it seems , well that is fine, we have no meeting scheduled for a sighning again, this is the second time around for us, guess this will be a third, I am not suggesting you are leading us on lieb , but our local is saying our cards that was sighned a year and a half ago was no good , we have resighned just recently ( 3 months ago)and they are being sent to DC as we speak.

I think if we hear they are no good again people in this terminal are going to flip. Along with a couple others in the region. Somebody, somewhere has to know WTF is going on. Why the games? Tell us what is going on and some may feel better about the situation, this is certainly putting a bad taste in the mouth of those terminals we propose to win in the future, would'nt you say?

Well this is the problem, you are stating the cards allready sighned is no good, we have seen this, on this site , not by our local who is failing in verbal communication skills so it seems , well that is fine, we have no meeting scheduled for a sighning again, this is the second time around for us, guess this will be a third, I am not suggesting you are leading us on lieb , but our local is saying our cards that was sighned a year and a half ago was no good , we have resighned just recently ( 3 months ago)and they are being sent to DC as we speak.

I think if we hear they are no good again people in this terminal are going to flip. Along with a couple others in the region. Somebody, somewhere has to know WTF is going on. Why the games? Tell us what is going on and some may feel better about the situation, this is certainly putting a bad taste in the mouth of those terminals we propose to win in the future, would'nt you say?

We were told the same thing about the cards they will be from the Iternational if that makes any sence.

We were told the same thing about the cards they will be from the Iternational if that makes any sence.

Well if you were one of the terminals that was involved in the first card check, when INDY won thier card check, appearently those cards are going anyway, now any terminals that are going union after these terminals, will be using the new cards. This is what we are being told.

Well if you were one of the terminals that was involved in the first card check, when INDY won thier card check, appearently those cards are going anyway, now any terminals that are going union after these terminals, will be using the new cards. This is what we are being told.

I no nothing about the terminals that were involved in the first card check. I only know that the CCA states that only the national cards will be accepted by UPS. My local Pres. told me that they will have to apply for the cards to the international and then they will inform the company of the intent to organize a terminal or terminals and the international will send the national cards to be signed. No misinformation, just what I have read and was told. Also the previous 22 or 24 termonals that were union while we were ovnt will get first spot in line. Deservedly so, they never got a contract and had to put up with hell from ovnt.:1036316054:

I just checked the IBT website.
They have nothing reported about any plans to have an organizing drive for us.
They are reporting about the NMFA meetings,and still have reports on how they got a contract for our Indy terminal.
But I didn't see anything there about UPS Freight organizing.

Maybe they have to get the NMFA all done,before they can focus on our company?

Our Terminal finally had our Labor Information meeting this AM after being postponed three times by our SCM......The MEMO he read stated that the new CCA will be three years in duration and THIRTY terminals have been identified as the phase one group....When asked if he knew which terminals they were-his response was that WE were NOT one of them.. I guess the old expression
"time will tell"? holds true.

Our Terminal finally had our Labor Information meeting this AM after being postponed three times by our SCM......The MEMO he read stated that the new CCA will be three years in duration and THIRTY terminals have been identified as the phase one group....When asked if he knew which terminals they were-his response was that WE were NOT one of them.. I guess the old expression
"time will tell"? holds true.

Big 3 day regional meeting in HRS next week. All TM's will be there. Jack H. and Joe P. are running it. Who knows, The Northeast has been strong all along. Maybe we are first afterall.

Big 3 day regional meeting in HRS next week. All TM's will be there. Jack H. and Joe P. are running it. Who knows, The Northeast has been strong all along. Maybe we are first afterall.

It states in the teamsters memo, that previous ovnt union terminals that were part of the strike back in 1999 are to be given first priority. That would cover about 23 terminals. K.C. can not sign up because they had an election this year, with the anothoer union group. I guess others will have to wait there turn. just like UPS everything done in a systematic way. The good news is that management will be neutered for three years on the union issue. Any negitive statements against the teamsters any favoritism towards anti-union employees , any sanctions against pro-union employees. Good by Mr. manager! My TM has already started to crap. He knows he will not make the whole 3 years. He is anti-union all the way and no CCA will make this lepard change his spots. He will screw up sometime and we will not hesitate to report the violation. Pay back is a B!tch.:nutkick:

The rumor mill I heard was that all New England except Burlington,VT was signed with a percentage of 88%. A shock to UPS. Don't hold me to this. We will see.

I think my TM will have no difficulty with any of this.
He worked in supervision at NewPenn in the past before Overnite.
I'm sure he knows how the union works.