TForce | Who knows the timeline for voting?

lazfran

TB Lurker
Credits
I'd like to know when will each terminal be voting? Orlando just voted today but in Miami we hear that we will be voting later and nobody has a date range. Does anybody know how they do this?

Voting for what? It's simple sign cards, wait for contract from company and union then vote. Don't put the cart before the horse .:hide:

I'd like to know when will each terminal be voting? Orlando just voted today but in Miami we hear that we will be voting later and nobody has a date range. Does anybody know how they do this?

The Teamsters are doing this in waves, First they are going with the terminals that had strong support from the beginning, then they are moving on too the smaller terminals, or should I say the terminals that are on the fence.

My suggestion would be, go to your local hall, have a card check in place, (wether in terminal or hall ) if you have more then 65% of the vote in your terminal, bring it too the hall ( if the vote was'nt there to begin with )and they can enlighten you on when they intend to proceed with presenting the cards to the company.

If you like the INDY contract you get it, if you want things changed per region, they negotiate. If you accept INDY'S contract, you will have a union in a couple of month's, If you improvise the contract, they have to negotiate, who know's how long that will take.

What I meant was not voting. I meant signing the cards. And Orlando did sign the cards, I spoke to my buddy which is a driver there. They had to go to a hotel from 9-9 to sign. That was yesterday the 29th. Today they were still there getting the final guys to sign. Nobody got thrown out of anywhere, those are just rumors. Why would somebody get thrown out of a place that the IBT rented for us to sign? Some people come up with some stupid crap!

p.s. Accelerator, Thanks for the straight answer and for being the only one to figure out what I meant with my question.

What I meant was not voting. I meant signing the cards. And Orlando did sign the cards, I spoke to my buddy which is a driver there. They had to go to a hotel from 9-9 to sign. That was yesterday the 29th. Today they were still there getting the final guys to sign. Nobody got thrown out of anywhere, those are just rumors. Why would somebody get thrown out of a place that the IBT rented for us to sign? Some people come up with some stupid crap!

p.s. Accelerator, Thanks for the straight answer and for being the only one to figure out what I meant with my question.

How did the signing go . Do we know yet?

The Teamsters are doing this in waves, First they are going with the terminals that had strong support from the beginning, then they are moving on too the smaller terminals, or should I say the terminals that are on the fence.

My suggestion would be, go to your local hall, have a card check in place, (wether in terminal or hall ) if you have more then 65% of the vote in your terminal, bring it too the hall ( if the vote was'nt there to begin with )and they can enlighten you on when they intend to proceed with presenting the cards to the company.

If you like the INDY contract you get it, if you want things changed per region, they negotiate. If you accept INDY'S contract, you will have a union in a couple of month's, If you improvise the contract, they have to negotiate, who know's how long that will take.

Hey us smaller terminals are not left out....2 here in Colorado were included in the first phase...Not sure why exactly but we will get our cards next week I think ....And away we go!!!!!

Any time sir, Good luck.:1036316054:

Hey us smaller terminals are not left out....2 here in Colorado were included in the first phase...Not sure why exactly but we will get our cards next week I think ....And away we go!!!!!

OKAY, I am sorry, I said it incorrectly, The terminals that possibly had less support then the terminals with 95-100% support.Or terminals that were recognized scince INDY was recognized.

If I have hurt your feelings Mr. Small terminal, I apoligize....:smilie_132::funky::tongue0002::biglaugh::biglaugh:

yep thats what we got in colorado springs in the end of faze 1 along with denver hey greezy did chris make it out there to day

OKAY, I am sorry, I said it incorrectly, The terminals that possibly had less support then the terminals with 95-100% support.Or terminals that were recognized scince INDY was recognized.

If I have hurt your feelings Mr. Small terminal, I apoligize....:smilie_132::funky::tongue0002::biglaugh::biglaugh:

Oh the blurry is about left my eyes....I think I can carry on another day.....And don't call me Mister.....

The union is still standing outside the gate in Orlando trying to get people to sign. Its been two weeks and the union rep is yelling at everybody who comes in and out of the gate to sign. But he tells everyone he has enough cards signed but he needs six more to get 75%. I thought all he needed was 50% plus 1.

The union is still standing outside the gate in Orlando trying to get people to sign. Its been two weeks and the union rep is yelling at everybody who comes in and out of the gate to sign. But he tells everyone he has enough cards signed but he needs six more to get 75%. I thought all he needed was 50% plus 1.

we were tld 65% for the card sign. but the more you get the more you can pick up another terminal in your reg. so you can show like 80% for your reg. thats the way I understood it but im just a P and D driver.:smilie_132:

we were tld 65% for the card sign. but the more you get the more you can pick up another terminal in your reg. so you can show like 80% for your reg. thats the way I understood it but im just a P and D driver.:smilie_132:

UPS is saying 50+1, The Teamsters is saying 65%, The 65% will leave a rival union from comming in, with 30% missing in the count, this allows a rival union to put a hold on everything, and have a vote for whoever the rival union is.