TForce | Who Picks up Rail Trailers?

UPSFreightDUId

TB Lurker
Credits
In my terminal's coverage area there are 2 large intermodal terminals used for transferring containers/trailers from rail to road and vice versa. My terminal delivers parts/tools/supplies there as well. This afternoon I happened to be in the area of one of the intermodal yards and noticed quite a few UPGF bobtails as well as units pulling long trailers in the vicinity. These units weren't from my terminal, they were from the large hub in the region. I'm not sure how this is handled at other terminals but are Roaddrivers assigned to the railyard work or is it City Drivers? Is it right that another terminal is in our coverage area? I'm for everyone working and all, but my terminal has Roaddrivers on layoff, and cityguys that are on call...As well we were told at my terminal 7/3 was a non-service day, but this other terminal was running drivers to the railyard. I'm just curious about this.

In my terminal's coverage area there are 2 large intermodal terminals used for transferring containers/trailers from rail to road and vice versa. My terminal delivers parts/tools/supplies there as well. This afternoon I happened to be in the area of one of the intermodal yards and noticed quite a few UPGF bobtails as well as units pulling long trailers in the vicinity. These units weren't from my terminal, they were from the large hub in the region. I'm not sure how this is handled at other terminals but are Roaddrivers assigned to the railyard work or is it City Drivers? Is it right that another terminal is in our coverage area? I'm for everyone working and all, but my terminal has Roaddrivers on layoff, and cityguys that are on call...As well we were told at my terminal 7/3 was a non-service day, but this other terminal was running drivers to the railyard. I'm just curious about this.

At our barn rail work is local cartage.They of course tried to contract it out at ratification . We grieved it now we do the work.

..well here in gbo we have all three,local Carthage switching loads..road drivers picking up loads and making a run...and gaf comes and gets trailers also...so I guess central must be in the mix ... been that way for years..