Yellow | Who Will Blink First? Hawkins or O'Brien?

Freightmaster1

TB Legend
Credits
Market Summary > Yellow Corp
1.88 USD −0.11 (5.30%)
today
Closed: Mar 28, 4:02 PM EDT • Disclaimer
After hours 1.88 0.00 (0.00%)

Happy Excuse Me GIF

BLINK HAWKINS! BLINK! BEFORE...

:hissyfit:

Nobody is going to buy 1.6 billion dollars of debt.
There is no blinking to be done.
Yellow will either get the same labor flexibility as FedEx or they will close. Labor is the only controllable expense in service related industries. Strict work classifications must go away.
Using a change of operations to screw current employees isn't flexibility.

The company gives the road men an extra dollar an hour when they work the dock like they do utility drivers and let’s you follow the work when they move it as it’s always been done and this is done.

Last edited:
Using a change of operations to screw current employees isn't flexibility.

The company gives the road men an extra dollar an hour when they work the dock like they do velocity drivers and let’s you follow the work when they move it as it’s always been done and this is done.
Holland road velocity drivers do not get a extra dollar a hour.

Back in 09 I was a city driver and had a utility bid which is the same as a velocity now.... I got a extra dollar a hour for being a utility driver.

Market Summary > Yellow Corp
1.88 USD −0.11 (5.30%)
today
Closed: Mar 28, 4:02 PM EDT • Disclaimer
After hours 1.88 0.00 (0.00%)

Happy Excuse Me GIF

BLINK HAWKINS! BLINK! BEFORE...

:hissyfit:
Hawkins & Crew will keep using PT and merging Holland New Penn and Yellow in the Midwest and NE and Southeast. They know the Union will not agree to what they are doing they will keep moving forward with the "One Yellow" initiative. What can the Union do????? Strike?????????? That will play right into his hands that the Union shut Yellow down. Darren has the upper hand here and he knows it.

Holland road velocity drivers do not get a extra dollar a hour.

Back in 09 I was a city driver and had a utility bid which is the same as a velocity now.... I got a extra dollar a hour for being a utility driver.
Your correct, I miss worded velocity for utility. The utility driver receives an extra $1.00 per hour. Which a road man should also get when he works the dock.

I fixed it. :17142:

Nobody is going to buy 1.6 billion dollars of debt.
There is no blinking to be done.
Yellow will either get the same labor flexibility as FedEx or they will close. Labor is the only controllable expense in service related industries. Strict work classifications must go away.
you need to go away, classifications were bargained, and cant be surrendered in a coo, failure to represent would be the operative words.

Reactions: TC1
Your correct, I miss worded velocity for utility. The utility driver receives an extra $1.00 per hour. Which a road man should also get when he works the dock.

I fixed it. :17142:
No time and a half overtime after eight hours,or six punch or seven punch…..… man,what great union brothers I have.

you need to go away, classifications were bargained, and cant be surrendered in a coo, failure to represent would be the operative words.
company cannot operate systems and methods that are in effect for 40 or more years. why do you think they can bring success from a"make it up as we go along system?"Why do you think employees will move all over the conus to make this work? present your case from the coo documents.

Strict classifications will go away. They can be modified or Yellow will go away. I don't understand the problem. Yellow will pay for every hour worked. Nobody is asking you to work for nothing. Some jobs will probably be lost but Yellow can no longer be expected to pay unproductive wait time.

Strict classifications will go away. They can be modified or Yellow will go away. I don't understand the problem. Yellow will pay for every hour worked. Nobody is asking you to work for nothing. Some jobs will probably be lost but Yellow can no longer be expected to pay unproductive wait time.
The problem they have with profitability isn’t job classifications it’s the way they operate. We gave them the classifications and more flexibility that they asked for in the last contract.

New Penn is the smaller of all the Yellow companies, They moved it from linehaul to a velocity system that is horrendous. Freight arrives from a velocity center an hour and a half away at 10:00 to 11:00 in the morning while dock guys and peddle drivers sit and wait for it because the utility drivers are working the dock at the velocity center for 6 or 7 hours before returning to their terminals. Managment has no idea what is even on those trailers till their being stripped. Peddle runs are thrown together as freight gets stripped. This isn’t a hard business you pick it up point A and deliver at point B and you get paid.
they bought the two best regional carriers in the business and destroyed them now want to create one big one.

If they can’t run their velocity system right at small little New Penn in one little corner of the country how could anyone expect them to run that system across the entire country ?

I have bad feeling another CF style bankruptcy coming? They made enough money off it for 15 years Standard Forwarding came back after bankruptcy.