Yellow | Who's house it is now ?

Thanks BRG, remember reading that last year but forgot the details, might work at Wal-Mart but can you imagine LTL's having them here? To be used for light loads only, yea right!

IMG_55888a81e63740143b09.md.png
How many skids of mirrors can fit in this 60 foot trailer?
depends- Is it 102” wide or 96”???

As a related story- in 84 i was a dispatcher. 53' werent legal yet. we ran 48', except where i worked we had 2 custom made 50'. Every time one of those 50' went to Ga- Ga would Impound them and we'd have to pay a fine, transfer the load at the scales, pay an impound fee and get an oversize permit to get the trailer out of Georgia.

I drove by the Yellow-Indy Terminal on High School Rd. Completely empty except for 3 XPO trailers, backed up to the 160 door dock. Place looked like it’s falling apart. Needs a lot of repairs. Supposedly went for $60 million.

Now XPO owns large terminals on each end of Indy’s Airport.

As a related story- in 84 i was a dispatcher. 53' werent legal yet. we ran 48', except where i worked we had 2 custom made 50'. Every time one of those 50' went to Ga- Ga would Impound them and we'd have to pay a fine, transfer the load at the scales, pay an impound fee and get an oversize permit to get the trailer out of Georgia.
That is CLEARLY a mismanagement issue. If this happens once, that's a drag. If it happens again, who was "asleep at the switch" to even let those trailers go to Georgia, knowing what the result will be?

IMG_55888a81e63740143b09.md.png
How many skids of mirrors can fit in this 60 foot trailer?
That depends. Are they 40 x 48 GMA pallets? Are the mirrors hanging over the sides? If the answers are yes and no, then if you put them all in sideways, ti should be able to fit 34 pallets. However, be sure these are the lightweight mirrors or it may push the gross weight over acceptable limits.

Have you ever pulled a 53 in Philly or Boston? I have with a sleeper truck, there is a point when these trailers are getting too long...
Sure haven't. Obviously there are routes that are much more conducive to pups than long(er) boxes. I was pointing out the absurdity of the argument that longer trailers are being utilized only to keep drivers' pay down.

Sure haven't. Obviously there are routes that are much more conducive to pups than long(er) boxes. I was pointing out the absurdity of the argument that longer trailers are being utilized only to keep drivers' pay down.
There is an argument worth raising that the longer trailers are to make it easier to remove unwanted traffic signals and street lights at intersections near WalMart locations.

Pa had about the same deal with 45' trailers.
When Ryder acquired Hoover Express, Ryder only had 45' trailers.
That law was over in about 2 weeks.

Apparently what I guessed was true. There were squatters inside. Pyle driver confirmed it when I spoke to him. Wonder who's on the hook for security, Pyle or Yellow ?