Yellow | Who's monitoring the money

Hard Charger

TB Lurker
Credits
If paying down the debt is really the main priority then the 15% that is withheld from all of the union members every week should be placed in a separate account. The account should be monitored by a separate financial institution to make payments toward the debt and post the bank statements online so all of us can see the progress.

It's not withheld, we're working for a reduced rate, there is no money put into a account somewhere.
As far as I can tell it was the IBT that wanted the checks to show this since the dues are based on the old rate that we no longer make...........................

It's not withheld, we're working for a reduced rate, there is no money put into a account somewhere.
As far as I can tell it was the IBT that wanted the checks to show this since the dues are based on the old rate that we no longer make...........................

No but it should be. Our 15% should go to paying down the debt, not buying equipment or paying rent on terminals and such!
Remember, Get the damn debt down and get the pension back!

Just one Mans ideal, I could be wrong.

The problem is they do not now and never did have the money, when this first started they almost missed making payroll a couple times the 15% allowed them to, '
That's also the reason they didn't pay the pension funds..........no money, that's what should be payed back first out of the 15% if anything.

Dues are based on what the rate is after 15% not the old rate

Should have stopped to figure it out, then I have no Idea why they insisted it be shown........................

Why do so many believe that the 15% exists at all? How many jobs are gone? The decline in revenue is well documented. The daily bill count is 1/2 or less than it was prior to the merger. That 15% is money that was NEVER earned! If YRCW did not get the concessions we would have been closed long ago. The current senior management team has made progress in reducing the losses. This most recent MOU is another step in TRYING to return YRCW to GAAP profitability. Remember just a couple of years ago YRCW lost nearly $1,000,000,000. That figure is now $50,000,000. Is the future secure, NO. But it is, thanks to concessions, likely to be.

Why do so many believe that the 15% exists at all? How many jobs are gone? The decline in revenue is well documented. The daily bill count is 1/2 or less than it was prior to the merger. That 15% is money that was NEVER earned! If YRCW did not get the concessions we would have been closed long ago. The current senior management team has made progress in reducing the losses. This most recent MOU is another step in TRYING to return YRCW to GAAP profitability. Remember just a couple of years ago YRCW lost nearly $1,000,000,000. That figure is now $50,000,000. Is the future secure, NO. But it is, thanks to concessions, likely to be.

Maybe you could post this reply about every 2 days, in every thread on here just so maybe, maybe people will be able to understand it? Nah. They still would not get it.

Maybe you could post this reply about every 2 days, in every thread on here just so maybe, maybe people will be able to understand it? Nah. They still would not get it.

It is difficult for many to acknowledge that which you post. Especially when it is printed on the stub of every advice/check we receive and reflects an annual total of our shared sacrifice.

We know it is the same concept as "saving" money at the store when prices are reduced and that amount is shown on the receipt, then reinforced by the cashier at checkout.

The reality is, unless that "saved" money is actually placed in an account and saved, it does not exist.

Partially it is to provide the reference point on which our wages are based. Additionally I am guessing the language remains in place to deny further wage concessions based on the 'contract' limit of 15%. (This being the "understood" limit of wage concessions.)

YRC will not submit itself to holding any amount of money in an account to be earmarked exclusively for debt reduction, ever. To do so would not make "business" sense. It might be prudent in the eyes of the rank and file, but debt is a tool of doing business.

Since it means nothing to me take it off my paycheck and have Fidelity mail me a statement at the end of the year!!!
Since we know it is zero value and never existed why don't we treat it like that and save some more money!!!!
If I never had it why do they tell me every week I did?
You do know they pay people to take care of something that never existed and never pay a return!!!

It is difficult for many to acknowledge that which you post. Especially when it is printed on the stub of every advice/check we receive and reflects an annual total of our shared sacrifice.

We know it is the same concept as "saving" money at the store when prices are reduced and that amount is shown on the receipt, then reinforced by the cashier at checkout.

The reality is, unless that "saved" money is actually placed in an account and saved, it does not exist.

Partially it is to provide the reference point on which our wages are based. Additionally I am guessing the language remains in place to deny further wage concessions based on the 'contract' limit of 15%. (This being the "understood" limit of wage concessions.)

YRC will not submit itself to holding any amount of money in an account to be earmarked exclusively for debt reduction, ever. To do so would not make "business" sense. It might be prudent in the eyes of the rank and file, but debt is a tool of doing business.
Kind of like when you and Jake left the concert heading back to Chicago to pay the taxes for the nuns El. You had half a tank of gas. A half empty tank, or a half full one. Still comes out the same.