Yellow | Who's monitoring the money

Kind of like when you and Jake left the concert heading back to Chicago to pay the taxes for the nuns El. You had half a tank of gas. A half empty tank, or a half full one. Still comes out the same.

Yeah, having sunglasses and cigs made the trip worthwhile.

We should have bought them a new roof....

Why do so many believe that the 15% exists at all? How many jobs are gone? The decline in revenue is well documented. The daily bill count is 1/2 or less than it was prior to the merger. That 15% is money that was NEVER earned! If YRCW did not get the concessions we would have been closed long ago. The current senior management team has made progress in reducing the losses. This most recent MOU is another step in TRYING to return YRCW to GAAP profitability. Remember just a couple of years ago YRCW lost nearly $1,000,000,000. That figure is now $50,000,000. Is the future secure, NO. But it is, thanks to concessions, likely to be.

Why do so many believe it exists?
1. We call it a 'give back' - this implies it is 'given' so it has to exist to be 'given'
2. It's listed on the check as a "deduction" of sorts
3. Lack of fundamental understanding of the way a business operates... revenue minus expenses = profit..... we aren't getting the "revenue" part into the equation.
4. Just don't want to!!!

Too much to comprehend... :)

No but it should be. Our 15% should go to paying down the debt, not buying equipment or paying rent on terminals and such!
Remember, Get the damn debt down and get the pension back!

Just one Mans ideal, I could be wrong.

I agree with you man. however from company viewpoint they have exploited their self made debt situation with great success. expect them to continue the bonus fest and pay little if any down on principle, then yelp bankruptcy looms again and demand more again from us. See a pattern?

The problem is they do not now and never did have the money, when this first started they almost missed making payroll a couple times the 15% allowed them to, '
That's also the reason they didn't pay the pension funds..........no money, that's what should be payed back first out of the 15% if anything.

but they had bonus $$$ right?

If paying down the debt is really the main priority then the 15% that is withheld from all of the union members every week should be placed in a separate account. The account should be monitored by a separate financial institution to make payments toward the debt and post the bank statements online so all of us can see the progress.

the yes vote will watch the money being spent

My friend Zorba and I prefer "tycoon glasses". Let's me fantasize that I'm on my yacht, sipping 200 year old cognac. Somewhere in the Mediterranean. :bananapartyhat:

The money was passed right on to the customers like Zollars said it would be. If you want it you have to get it out of the customers' pockets.

The money was passed right on to the customers like Zollars said it would be. If you want it you have to get it out of the customers' pockets.

Well I think then all city drivers should start asking at each stop for a 20 dollar driver refund surcharge fee. They can then split it evenly between everyone at their terminal.

We had a guy that used to do that to residential deliveries..................................he no longer works with us....................

Well I think then all city drivers should start asking at each stop for a 20 dollar driver refund surcharge fee. They can then split it evenly between everyone at their terminal.

I heard the global logistics division of FK Industries is offering "white glove" service. For a nominal fee.

I heard the global logistics division of FK Industries is offering "white glove" service. For a nominal fee.

White glove service to them is wearing bib overalls, and delivering your freight out of a manure spreader with a rag top.

Originally Posted by yrc-atm
Just to remind you what a pos yellow is

or comodeway.they took the best of the worst mgt. from both companies as far as I can figure out.

Originally Posted by Wrench97
It's not withheld, we're working for a reduced rate, there is no money put into a account somewhere.
As far as I can tell it was the IBT that wanted the checks to show this since the dues are based on the old rate that we no longer make...........................

Let's see! If they put it on the check, it is painful. If they don't they are hiding something. IT IS GONE,THAT IS FOR SURE. As far as Yellow goes, they made enough money to have really good credit to overpay for a lot of trucking companies they did not need.(NOW, BACK TO THE CONSPIRACIES). Never let the facts get in the way of a good story.

Let's see! If they put it on the check, it is painful. If they don't they are hiding something. IT IS GONE,THAT IS FOR SURE. As far as Yellow goes, they made enough money to have really good credit to overpay for a lot of trucking companies they did not need.(NOW, BACK TO THE CONSPIRACIES). Never let the facts get in the way of a good story.

AGREED!!!

One problem - Yellow made enough money to overpay for a lot of trucking companies they did not need BEFORE they started asking for concessions....

Now back to your regularly scheduled program....

yellow made record profits right after cf closed as I recall, then the drunken sailor buying spree. I don't bash either co. till someone else does, then I do just so they see how silly it looks.