New Penn | Why Are They Dragging Their Feet?

N

NP Driver1

YRC Worldwide, Teamsters will resume talks Wednesday - Kansas City Business Journal:

Looks like this is going to get dragged out and then jammed down our throats for a hurry-up vote the last week of July before the contractual increases in the pension take effect. Oooops! I just figured out the plan and posted it for the whole web to see. I expect my union leadership to not rest until this pension deferral concept is worked out. Taking a five day weekend is not my idea of looking out for the membership's best interest.

OATH OF OFFICE

All officers of the International Union and affiliated bodies when installed shall be required to take the following oath of office:

I, ____________ , do sincerely promise, upon my honor as a trade unionist and a Teamster, that I will faithfully use all of my energies and abilities to perform the duties of my office, for the ensuing term, as prescribed by the Constitution and Bylaws of this Union. As an officer of this great Union, I will, at all times, act solely in the interests of our members, devote the resources of our Union to furthering their needs and goals, work to maintain a Union that is free of corruption, to preserve and strengthen democratic principles in our Union, and to protect the members’ interests in all dealings with employers. I will never forget that it is the members who put me here, and it is the members whom I will serve. I further promise that I will faithfully comply with and enforce the Constitution and laws of the International Union and Bylaws of this Union, that I will, at all times, by example, promote harmony and preserve the dignity of this Union. I also promise that at the close of my official term, I will promptly deliver any money or property of this Union in my possession to my successor in office.

YRC Worldwide, Teamsters will resume talks Wednesday - Kansas City Business Journal:

Looks like this is going to get dragged out and then jammed down our throats for a hurry-up vote the last week of July before the contractual increases in the pension take effect. Oooops! I just figured out the plan and posted it for the whole web to see. I expect my union leadership to not rest until this pension deferral concept is worked out. Taking a five day weekend is not my idea of looking out for the membership's best interest.

OATH OF OFFICE

All officers of the International Union and affiliated bodies when installed shall be required to take the following oath of office:

I, ____________ , do sincerely promise, upon my honor as a trade unionist and a Teamster, that I will faithfully use all of my energies and abilities to perform the duties of my office, for the ensuing term, as prescribed by the Constitution and Bylaws of this Union. As an officer of this great Union, I will, at all times, act solely in the interests of our members, devote the resources of our Union to furthering their needs and goals, work to maintain a Union that is free of corruption, to preserve and strengthen democratic principles in our Union, and to protect the members’ interests in all dealings with employers. I will never forget that it is the members who put me here, and it is the members whom I will serve. I further promise that I will faithfully comply with and enforce the Constitution and laws of the International Union and Bylaws of this Union, that I will, at all times, by example, promote harmony and preserve the dignity of this Union. I also promise that at the close of my official term, I will promptly deliver any money or property of this Union in my possession to my successor in office.

Seems strange that you blame the UNION but not YRC for the delay. Why is that?? Sounds like your a driver of a Impala not a Mack..

He should blame the UNION...YRC wants our money, then the union should say sit your asses down until you agree with our plan!!
But they both wanted a long holiday weekend to play..