R&L | Why are they out in the middle of nowhere? LH Pay scale?

gaspasser

TB Lurker
Credits
Hey man...Whats the L.H. pay scale? Do they pay layover and delays? Hows the insurance? Im thinking about applying
for system in Wilm. What should I do man?
Oh by the way........Why dont they put terminals in Cinci and Columbus? I realize the whole thing started in Wilm.,
but it seems like the reason they have trouble getting drivers (if thats the case), is because ther're out in the middle of no where.
They could keep the corp. office there but I would think they could attract more driver candidates if the terminal was closer to big cities.

Hey man...Whats the L.H. pay scale? Do they pay layover and delays? Hows the insurance? Im thinking about applying
for system in Wilm. What should I do man?
Oh by the way........Why dont they put terminals in Cinci and Columbus? I realize the whole thing started in Wilm.,
but it seems like the reason they have trouble getting drivers (if thats the case), is because ther're out in the middle of no where.
They could keep the corp. office there but I would think they could attract more driver candidates if the terminal was closer to big cities.

If you saw the investment they have made there you would see they are not about to move anywhere.

Linehaul runs usually come out to pay .46 to .52 cents. No delay pay, first 2 hours on a breakdown are free.
Insurance went up this year, I pay $72 for everything a week for single coverage, family is in the low $100's a week (for all-
dental, vision, short & long disability. It's not the best, I have my wife's insurance as secondary & it usually covers more things than
my primary.
All the system L/H drivers I've seen are assigned to the older sleeper trucks, if you want a motel room, it's on your own dime.
Big terminals and lots of long peddle routes is the way they operated for years. It does make sense in some ways because we load
trailers to one terminal, instead of 3 like Cincy, Dayton, & Columbus. Norwalk & Youngstown are the only other Ohio terminals.