Yellow | Why didn't Yellow make the list too ???

I would argue that the most recognized name in "freight" is Old Dominion. They are the only freight company advertising on national television. Giving it exposure to most Americans.
BTW, Yellow is recognized for all the wrong reasons, being a "train wreck" or a "dumpster fire" is NOT a ringing endorsement.
Exactly my point.

And exactly what I said When they announced “one Yellow” and said they chose to go with that name because their survey found it was the most recognized name in freight.

I would argue that the most recognized name in "freight" is Old Dominion. They are the only freight company advertising on national television. Giving it exposure to most Americans.
BTW, Yellow is recognized for all the wrong reasons, being a "train wreck" or a "dumpster fire" is NOT a ringing endorsement.

I would say that the public has very little knowledge of or familiarity with LTL carriers in general and because of that, almost no thoughts of Yellow as a "train wreck" either.

Agreed. Say FedEx or UPS and trucking, they picture step vans. It’ll take years of home deliveries…nah, they’ll never get it.
When I was with RedStar we had the Xerox account and about once a month Xerox would give away a few pallets of paper in that had damaged boxes.. I got the duty one night and got to deliver to a convent in Monroe NY.. Dispatch called them and also gave me the phone number.. When I got to the driveway I called them and they assured me I could easily get a truck up the driveway.. I proceeded and knew I was in trouble when Sister Margaret met and said to me. Oh my! I have never seen such a large machine up close.. We unloaded and I had to back out in the dark with 8 nuns holding flashlights to help me out.. Then dispatch asked me what took so long..

When I was with RedStar we had the Xerox account and about once a month Xerox would give away a few pallets of paper in that had damaged boxes.. I got the duty one night and got to deliver to a convent in Monroe NY.. Dispatch called them and also gave me the phone number.. When I got to the driveway I called them and they assured me I could easily get a truck up the driveway.. I proceeded and knew I was in trouble when Sister Margaret met and said to me. Oh my! I have never seen such a large machine up close.. We unloaded and I had to back out in the dark with 8 nuns holding flashlights to help me out.. Then dispatch asked me what took so long..
Hominy domini!! That was the most blessed back-out you ever did, huh??

I would never tell anyone I worked for Yellow, I always told everyone I worked for Holland even when yellow was plastered all over the truck. At my barn we were always ashamed of the yellow name.
Same here, Sperg. In ‘94, my application was filled out for Holland, a Holland TM hired me, and I went thru orientation in Holland,MI. Since August, any apps I fill out now, (and there’s been quite a few) my previous place of employment ALWAYS states USF Holland Motor Express..

I got told to call the guy I was delivering to and follow his instructions. When I got to the hole in his fence around his farm I was told to drive thru, I called dispatch again. They told me to do as instructed. I drove thru the hole, followed a cow path for a mile, then dropped down a steep gravelly hill. Delivered. Asked about turning around and was told I had to back out. Tried 5 or 6 times- couldn’t hold traction in the gravel backing up the hill. Dispatch begrudgingly sent a tow truck. Tow driver said “I bet that old man told you he gets deliveries here a lot”? Then tow driver also said “he does- and I pull every one of them out!”