Estes | Why we dont get time and a half

what a stupid @ss complaint. did you not ask this question before you hired on. this is the second ltl ive worked for who didnt pay after 40. thats just part of trucking. go work at mcdonalds so you can get your time and a half. i could see the complaint if they paid it then took it away from us. but i knew i wasnt going to get it when i hired on. you just take a job thinking all companies pay the same and give the same benefits. we are better off without you, cause next week it will be we dont get $40 dollars an hour this place sucks. we have to pay for benefits. this place sucks.

some how your company doesnt pay overtime...i know mine does but each company does it the way they seam fit to their business model..but definately something i would have asked before i signed on to work there..always do your research my freind

They don't pay overtime because of old interstate commerce rules that say they don't have to. Those rules bypass the federal labor laws. What I don't understand is how they can get away with lumping mechanics (and if I'm not mistaken dock workers) in with drivers so we can't get overtime pay yet never hit the road.

yeah I never understood the dock not getting it.. Office help get's it. Although I'm not sure they ever see over 40 :)

i have gotten overtime. its just after 55 not 40. so depends if they let you get that many hours. i think G I is at 45. but i may be wrong. so a outwest driver let us know. fedex gets after 40 but tm there told me they plan on drivers not getting over 37 hours so if they go over they are still under 40. now im sure some tm's there let some drivers go over.

so i would rather go without it then starve working 37 hours a week. conway was at 50 hours in south and 45 in north. may have changed now, dont know.

would i rather get it, yes. but just cause companies pays it doesnt mean you will ever see it.

DOES ANYBODY HAVE THE ANSWER TO WHY WE DONT GET TIME AND A HALF I MEAN COME ON SOMETHINGS GOT TO GIVE!:ranting2:

Things not worling out at NEMF..Or just trying to recruit..I think you need to rephase your question to," Why don't people that work at Estes get o/t"..Come on..You can do better than this..

DOES ANYBODY HAVE THE ANSWER TO WHY WE DONT GET TIME AND A HALF I MEAN COME ON SOMETHINGS GOT TO GIVE!:ranting2:

They probably don't want to give the local guys $35 an hour to drink coffee, eat biscuits and sticker pro's on the wrong skids.