ODFL | Why?

Grnamp;Wht_Fr8tlin

TB Lurker
Credits
Why instead of boasting about the money we made this quarter everyone is talking about the money difference from last year? It is not a loss...most of the sites I have read are talking about money difference for ODFL this year vs. last year not the 93.2% O.R(not the best but better than most) or the bottom line. I can't understand why the execs didn't say we made x amount of $'s in the second quarter of 2009 just like they did on the 1st quarter report then let the investors read into the rest....all of our competition didn't make as much this year as last year, but they worded the report different than we did, and the stock is proving it........

Was wondering the same thing myself. Im pretty sure the only thing we have been asked to give back was about 2 or 3 m.p.h. in speed and i can live with that. Paycheck hasn't bounced and insurance hasn't gone up. Let everyone keep talking. Pretty sure we just dropped 85 mill on equipment also. Don't see anyone else doin this.

i think they are being quiet so as not to act smug but still be ready for what may come. i don't think any company in the LTL sector got a positive review. the media is still putting down making a profit as a BAD thing.

i think they are being quiet so as not to act smug but still be ready for what may come. i don't think any company in the LTL sector got a positive review. the media is still putting down making a profit as a BAD thing.

Oh I forgot we are now the "Evil Corporation"...so says the man. Cause we turned a profit in a recession, but as Allnightlong said we have not taken anything but a 3mph cut and no raise this year....if you don't have it you won't miss it. I say let 'em talk.

i think od is the only major carrier to make money, above 100=0 below 100=$$$$ estes excluded because they are private and report nothing, who cares what they say, od is strong and getting stronger..