Central Transport | will pto and vacation days be next?

That would put the nail in the coffin for a lot of seniors, they have earned that time by years in service.......

the paid time off is one of the few things keeping me here, if they drastically reduce the vac and or PTO days I might throw all my years down the drain and start over.

i could see 3 wks go from 8 yrs of svc to 10 and delete 4 wks entirely. plus make them 40 hr vac pay, instead of 45.

huh? never heard of that, well, shouldn't say never, i know one plastic plant that bought out another one the same day they closed the doors, and there they did reset everything, but around here if you strip a few weeks vacation from the seniors, i would not be surprised of a revolt on their hands, I don't think a walkout, but maybe a sickout, the 48 hour flu would definitively send a message all the way to the top

huh? never heard of that, well, shouldn't say never, i know one plastic plant that bought out another one the same day they closed the doors, and there they did reset everything, but around here if you strip a few weeks vacation from the seniors, i would not be surprised of a revolt on their hands, I don't think a walkout, but maybe a sickout, the 48 hour flu would definitively send a message all the way to the top
like forming a union, people talk big but won't join together. slowly they'll leave by their doing or not.

It may lead to the union being asked to come in, the seniors will protect their earned time and wages, rookies will know what is where and when. I hope it doesn't come to that, BUT, anymore I do think this is where we need to head. Vitran is starting down a road of destroying their labor relations.

they should've did this stuff when they merged pjax and vitran, instead of leaving kosovec to run it into the ground. keylon is doing too many changes at once and isn't going good. hopefully that delays their screwing of the drivers with their tiered wage for awhile.

Well, it's one thing to slow the rest of us down from topping out, but those that are there have earned it.
With tiered wages I will never top out. Tiered Wages are just that. I will ALWAYS be 9-12 cpm. and $4 or more dollars behind the legacy drivers. Same as the new hires at GM-$16/hr. vs. $28 for the same work. Once they get a tiered wage rate in place, you can rarely get rid of it.

they should've did this stuff when they merged pjax and vitran, instead of leaving kosovec to run it into the ground. keylon is doing too many changes at once and isn't going good. hopefully that delays their screwing of the drivers with their tiered wage for awhile.
I think Chris K. is doing changes fast because he has to-the ship is sinking. And yes, I am afraid all worker's benefits will be on the chopping block soon. None of management's though.....

I think Chris K. is doing changes fast because he has to-the ship is sinking. And yes, I am afraid all worker's benefits will be on the chopping block soon. None of management's though.....
I'm waiting for the day when they announce they aren't offering insurance anymore.

And those of us who are single will jump ship in two weeks. I do not have a spouse to go to, but have to maintain it on my boy since the divorce. If I have to get it on my own, 600 to 800 a month would bankrupt me.

And those of us who are single will jump ship in two weeks. I do not have a spouse to go to, but have to maintain it on my boy since the divorce. If I have to get it on my own, 600 to 800 a month would bankrupt me.
I agree I'm a single income household supporting a family of 5 with three kids, so I can't even think of what insurance would cost me.

BTW, there is a different thread talking about them. On pickups it will be nice just to enter info on them (instead of also paper like now) just like last night, I got in and all my stuff was already in the system and ready to go. It is a process in the making, bumps need to be worked out, that semi load of paper we waste a week needs to stop, and some drivers need to understand hours are going to get tighter. All the major carriers I am around have computers, plus others like Fed Ex and UPS package drivers, the main reason is to improve workflow, the secondary is to track how long you spend where. Maybe that customer who wants big discounts is constantly holding us up 45 minutes even for one pallet, time to rethink, then there is that smaller customer we spend 5 minutes for 2 skids everyday that requests a discount because others are willing to do it. Yes, it is also about tracking drivers, but I think it is more about tracking customers, more than a few I go to got their buts in gear after they seen me sending updates when I bump the dock, they touch me, they get done, I leave dock.

tablets are to track drivers and limit claims, the rest is secondary. it's like on-star, car companies and banks want to know where that vehicle is that the owner is delinquent on pmt. the secondary thing is that they provide a service to driver, for a fee.

Let 'em track me, I don't care, when I am punched in I do my job, but sadly 1/3 of our terminal does not according to Managers. Some have even joked hitting "arrived" while still on their way from the gas station, or en route while chatting with customer. To bad they didn't know it also pings your GPS and IF someone is watching, you are in trouble