Will there be a tentative agreement?

• Yes

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • No

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • Not sure

Votes: 2 10.5%

• Total voters
I think that another meeting after the 4th will get the TA. Today most of the parameters will be given but IMHO I don’t think they will get it done today.

I think that another meeting after the 4th will get the TA. Today most of the parameters will be given but IMHO I don’t think they will get it done today.
As far as I know, this week is the last scheduled contract meetings. The sides exchanged economic proposals 2 weeks ago, and this week is the negotiation of them .

So it begins.....No TA publicity announcement like ABF so there must be something to break/discuss with us. We shall see...

Please explain why?....The ABF TA with 6.50 over 5 years with improvements to H&W and pension plus a uncapped COLA would be a helluva starter contract with TFI IMHO. Probably better contract for us then ABF......It Would show good faith on both ends to me and now we can move forward getting this company more stable and profitable. I definitely would be a yes to anything equal to the ABF TA. People who think we are getting a 8-9-10 dollar package over 5 years with all the work this company needs aren't being realistic IMHO.......Employees and COMPANY need a viable economic package to get this company back on stable ground customer service-wise along with improved operational efficiency which in the end is best for the customers, employees and company. That's what it's all about.

Last edited:
The contract will pass if it is just status quo. Some people holler strike, but it isn't going to happen. The IBT is too busy with UPS and the new owners want this contract in the past.

Please explain why?....The ABF TA with 6.50 over 5 years with improvements to H&W and pension plus a uncapped COLA would be a helluva starter contract with TFI IMHO. Probably better contract for us then ABF......It Would show good faith on both ends to me and now we can move forward getting this company more stable and profitable. I definitely would be a yes to anything equal to the ABF TA. People who think we are getting a 8-9-10 dollar package over 5 years with all the work this company needs aren't being realistic IMHO.......Employees and COMPANY need a viable economic package to get this company back on stable ground customer service-wise along with improved operational efficiency which in the end is best for the customers, employees and company. That's what it's all about.
Brother, expect cuts to your pension and medical. UPS is not holding your backs anymore...
Sorry but that's the brutal reality.
ABF"s looks good but it really isn't.
It's good to dream.
Everyone must be ready for strike.
Good luck!

If there is truth behind this ABF deal with TFI it seems to me the initial $3.50 ABF gave is to bring them up to TFI's hourly wage. After that if and when that happens it will be easier to merge the two together without a major negotiation with the Union. If it mirrors the ABF deal it might not look good on the surface but if they add a COLA, extra PTO, keep the healthcare cost stable, and juice up the pension you might want to look at it a little closer. Ask your non-union counterparts what their weekly contribution to healthcare is and think it through.
All IMHO of course...

And we're still the only ones who pay anything at all for our insurance. After loosing roughly 2k a month on the pension and no real pay raise in 10 years your argument falls on deaf ears.
If you were one of those making over 73 k a year , you lost on the new pension, for most of us it was a wash .
Name 1 company that makes our wage, has a solid pension and hasn't had an increase in medical costs?
There isn't any , some ltls make a bit more on wages, but they pay out the ass for medical, and they have no pension.
I got involved with and joined this union for one reason.
To get protection from revolving door management. Just cause, is the most important article in the contract, that alone is worth my dues .That the union does very well. As long as my pay and benefits are comparable to the industry standards I'm good.

Last edited: