Will they be able to replace truck drivers with self driving trucks?

Our trucks have lane departure warning systems. If that's the technology they're using to keep the driverless things on the road, I'd say it's still a long ways off.
It's the most useless thing on my truck.
It reads the lines or something like that, which might be part of the problem but it still doesn't work right with new roads and freshly painted lines. We'd have to do a MUCH better job with our roads than we do now. Don't see that happening any time soon.
They might could use GPS coordinates, but even then there are too many variables.
It's a whole different world than with an airplane in the sky.

The more I hear about stuff like this, the more converting to the Amish looks appealing.

The probability that driver-LESS trucks will be on roads anytime soon is not applicable. Maybe nearer to mid century when most of US will not be around or so bloody old, it will not matter.

Driver-LESS trucks would only need occasional maintenance and repairs because FUEL would not be a issue and advanced technology of then (which is available now) would power vehicles and would not clog up truck stops, rest areas and other known/unknown parking locations which as well would become historical accounts.
20 years does not take very long. Look at where you were in 1996.
CHEERS!!

Driverless Trucks..... OMG what will they think of next.... thatll never work in our lifetime... theyll have to redo all the highways and with the way the fund hwy projects dont hold your breath :)

Driverless Trucks..... OMG what will they think of next.... thatll never work in our lifetime... theyll have to redo all the highways and with the way the fund hwy projects dont hold your breath :)

driverless trucks will work off the same system as the google car