Yellow | will we be a break-bulk again?

the wis. kid

TB Lurker
Credits
:wavey:yellow/roadway are on the same dock, we are hearing from yellow that after the merger we could become a break bulk again, I think it's bull (Milwaukee, WI terminal 313

As far as I know, the term "breakbulk" technically will not exist anymore with this company. It's velocity sort center or velocity hub. I believe the VSC is the bigger of the two, so hope you become that. Whatever that is!

It is definetely bull. Milwaukee will never be a breakbulk again with what they did with their recent rider. Do you think the Company will give those people in Milwaukee anything?

:wavey:yellow/roadway are on the same dock, we are hearing from yellow that after the merger we could become a break bulk again, I think it's bull (Milwaukee, WI terminal 313

I heard directly from the east end T/M that in his opinion MIL/313 would be a break bulk again.

Milwaukee Rider

The Milwaukee terminal had a rider that aloud the company to use drivers on the weekends to do pickups at straight time. The union fought it and won and the terminal as you know is no longer a 7 day operation. I heard the management got pi**** and said they would never give more work to Milwaukee.

The Milwaukee terminal had a rider that aloud the company to use drivers on the weekends to do pickups at straight time. The union fought it and won and the terminal as you know is no longer a 7 day operation. I heard the management got pi**** and said they would never give more work to Milwaukee.

I don't believe one has anything to do with the other. I think they down sized Milwaukee to make room for Yellow. Just like Rock Island, Toledo and numerous places around the country. There is a master plan for this merger and petty paybacks aren't part of the equation.

you are correct we are a 5 day op now. but they hold off the call guy and the layoff guys for saturday and we still get jab for straight time no ot!