Holland | Wilsonart

When Erie was open and I worked on the dock. ...the guarantee or expedited service freight was always loaded at the end of the trailer and extra special care was always taken with blocking ....treated like gold for the most part....that was just the way we treated it .....was part of the job to provide the customer a special service they paid for .

IUOTE="Stimpy, post: 910820, member: 10"]When Erie was open and I worked on the dock. ...the guarantee or expedited service freight was always loaded at the end of the trailer and extra special care was always taken with blocking ....treated like gold for the most part....that was just the way we treated it .....was part of the job to provide the customer a special service they paid for .[/QUOTE]
Im pretty sure Holland is going to get a terminal in or near Erie.Have you heard that?

Was rumored that they were coming back. ...nothing more than that as of yet. ...the old terminal was sold to fedex freight

Just heard it again today,I'm pretty sure it's going to happen in very near future.Will you go back or are you settled elsewhere?

I'll go back in a split second..... even though it's at a reduced rate from the contract you guys still have a lot of pride at the place I'm at now there is no such thing as seniority and it really stinks....

and besides that fat lazy job I need to get back into shape alls I do is drop and hook....

if you hear any more information about let me know I'd really appreciate it

I'll go back in a split second..... even though it's at a reduced rate from the contract you guys still have a lot of pride at the place I'm at now there is no such thing as seniority and it really stinks....

and besides that fat lazy job I need to get back into shape alls I do is drop and hook....

if you hear any more information about let me know I'd really appreciate it

It sounded pretty matter of fact,I'll try to let you know more next week.When they shut it down before,what options did you to follow the freight?

if the price is right, why not take the freight, if we don't, someone else will. hell, I even taught myself how to run a forklift since ive been here. what are we supposed to do, curl up and dye?
And as a city driver, when/if you see their freight, (especially at the origin terminal) don't be afraid to speak up if you see a way that they could package their freight in a manner that would protect it better from forklift damage. The Shipping managers and customers are usually open to any suggestions that might protect their freight better. I made suggestions many times to the customers, and don't recall a single time where I met resistance. They actually welcomed the advice.

I could have either went to Cleveland or to buffalo to follow my freight... youngstown was filled up

It sounded pretty matter of fact,I'll try to let you know more next week.When they shut it down before,what options did you to follow the freight?

if the price is right, why not take the freight, if we don't, someone else will. hell, I even taught myself how to run a forklift since ive been here. what are we supposed to do, curl up and dye?

No offense to your forklift skills, but I'll bet you can't move a 4 X 8 skid of this stuff without at least busting up the pallet. And if you can't move it without damage then what's the point?

Just like Lumber Liquidators . . . 1500 lb bundles of hardwood flooring with just a couple of bands and no pallet. Either the bands break or you score the wood with your forks. Junk Freight!

Or General Electric light bulbs on 4 X 8 balsa wood skids. As soon as you touch the skids they collapse. I asked one day why they use such cheap pallets. The shipping gal said they have no choice on the pallets GE Corporate buy for them.

I could have either went to Cleveland or to buffalo to follow my freight... youngstown was filled up

I hope there is an opening for you if it does happen.It sucks when a person has to uproot his family to keep a decent job.C.F had a change and about 5 or 6 men came from Orlando.They closed within a year.One really nice guy got divorced after the closure and wound up killing himself on his porch.I will NEVER put that much faith in corporate America,I'll only move if it's somewhere I would like to live if the company were to layoff or close within a week after moving.

No offense to your forklift skills, but I'll bet you can't move a 4 X 8 skid of this stuff without at least busting up the pallet. And if you can't move it without damage then what's the point?

Just like Lumber Liquidators . . . 1500 lb bundles of hardwood flooring with just a couple of bands and no pallet. Either the bands break or you score the wood with your forks. Junk Freight!

Or General Electric light bulbs on 4 X 8 balsa wood skids. As soon as you touch the skids they collapse. I asked one day why they use such cheap pallets. The shipping gal said they have no choice on the pallets GE Corporate buy for them.

lol, you said I have forklift skills......you said it, not me hahaha..

any chance of this freight being a candidate for a drag chain, or will that screw the pallet up too? i'd bet I could get it off, just don't rush me, it might take an hour for me to play with it, as i'm no dockworker.....

BUT, if we don't take it, someone else will take it, and get the business.....

buffalobill the problem is our forks are too short to pick up a heavy 4 X 8 skid. Usually it will get caught on the dock plate coming out of the trailer. Sometimes you can pick it up from the side and get it over the plate. But if the skid is heavy you really need fork extensions. However, when I worked the velocity in Toledo, I don't remember seeing any of this freight.

you would think they would invest in fork extensions, or at least a whopped out food warehouse 2 pallet ride on jack to keep around for long and/or odd shaped pallets.

either way, i'm cool with them going after more work, if we got it, we must have stole it from some other company, right?

btw, how many dock hooks do you have in akron? I had a kick last sunday, and I had to look around for 10 minutes after finding a fork that would start. do you guys all just share 1 hook?