TForce | Winter Ice And Snow Removal..

As a driver with over 40 years experience I used to love to get behind a snow covered trailer so I could get my windshield wet to get the salt grime off of it because they still haven't perfected a washer system for a big truck.
Good point. I FL in the summer you have 3 or 4 extra gallons of bug juice. The May Flies will do a number on you windshield. The best ever bug juice I have used is 1 gal of ww fluid, add 1 tea spoon of dawn dish soap, 1 pint of ammonia, & 1 pint of vinegar. Smells a bit, but it will clean a window like no other. von.

As a driver with over 40 years experience I used to love to get behind a snow covered trailer so I could get my windshield wet to get the salt grime off of it because they still haven't perfected a washer system for a big truck.

That might not be the smartest thing your 40 yrs taught you.
We had a driver following a Pilot Freight Carriers when a sheet of ice came off the trailer, our driver lost his eye.

Good point. I FL in the summer you have 3 or 4 extra gallons of bug juice. The May Flies will do a number on you windshield. The best ever bug juice I have used is 1 gal of ww fluid, add 1 tea spoon of dawn dish soap, 1 pint of ammonia, & 1 pint of vinegar. Smells a bit, but it will clean a window like no other. von.

Do you recall the Fla. Lovebugs?
At times you couldn't read Ryder on front of our trailers they were so thick.
If they weren't cleaned off, they took the paint off your tractor.

You are not obligated, it is mandatory via law in most states.. You cannot move the trailer if snow is on the roof in most states. You need to check the states you operate in.

Most laws require the 'possessor' of the trailer to be responsible for snow removal. meaning if you arrive for a dropped trailer, that shipper is responsible.

You are correct you own some of the responsibility...

be safe...
The shipper is not responsible for snow removal the trucking company is. We have to send vendors in to clean off spotted trailers if they don’t have a scrapper....

Do you recall the Fla. Lovebugs?
At times you couldn't read Ryder on front of our trailers they were so thick.
If they weren't cleaned off, they took the paint off your tractor.
How did you survive with The Love Bug smashing into you??

G3XzmeD.jpg

Only been to Fla a few times. Must have been the wrong time of year for the bugs

They're heavy around May and Sept, two are always stuck together mating and have very few predators.
Some say they were introduced to eat mosquitos, but that is a myth.