ABF | Wireless service

Grumman

TB Lurker
Credits
Here is an obscure question. Being in the middle of the hiring process, and not anticipating any difficulties, I was going to change wireless providers. I have used Nextel for the last several years and was thinking of switching to Verizon. Some companies have discounts with certain carriers. Does anyone know if ABF has any agreements with any wireless providers out there? Do they use a certain type of phone system more so than others, or do they really care? I just didn't want to switch too soon and possibly make a mistake. Thanks for any input.

ABF uses Nextel (which they supply) for dispatch purposes. They utilize the direct-connect for verbal communication and the wireless web To log all your delivery times and send you your pick-ups. You have to enter all shipping info such as # of pieces, weight , cube and destination zip for every bill you pickup throughout the day. This is similar to text messaging. As far as your personal cell phone is concerned, it makes no difference to them at all.

personally if you like to chat on the phone at night the best provider out there is Cingular. It allows for you to get up to 5 people linked in on a conference at one time.

Here is an obscure question. Being in the middle of the hiring process, and not anticipating any difficulties, I was going to change wireless providers. I have used Nextel for the last several years and was thinking of switching to Verizon. Some companies have discounts with certain carriers. Does anyone know if ABF has any agreements with any wireless providers out there? Do they use a certain type of phone system more so than others, or do they really care? I just didn't want to switch too soon and possibly make a mistake. Thanks for any input.

They do have one with AT&T that i use and i believe there is one w/sprint but ck 'ABF at Work' for specifics

They have discounts with AT&T, Sprint/Nextel and Verizon. You may want to wait to switch until after you recieve your first pay stub so you can recieve the discount. Good luck

Take your pay stub to Verizon to prove you are with ABF. You will get 6% off your bill every month. Ive been layed off for 6 months and still getting 6% off

ATT gives FX a 22% discount, no proof necessary just enter the discount code online and phone number. They also give 25% off accessories, I'm sure ABF is similar. Get the code from your HR.

FM

ATT gives FX a 22% discount, no proof necessary just enter the discount code online and phone number. They also give 25% off accessories, I'm sure ABF is similar. Get the code from your HR.

FM

Verizon gives all United Parcel Service employees a 22% wireless service discount and 25 % discount off all accessories. Yrc employees get a 16 % wireless service discount and 22% accessories discount. I do not know about UPS Freight, formerly Overnite. Life is good.:shift::clap: