Word Is Out!

Easyrider

TB Lurker
Credits
Wilson Trucking has once again been awarded the coveted Quest for Quality Award. We have received this award the last two years and three of the last four years. All carriers are included in the survey and are categorized by Regional, Multi-Regional, and National carriers. Of all carriers throughout the US only four carriers scored higher than Wilson Trucking by the shipping and receiving public. Just so that you know, Wilson Trucking competes in the South/South Central Region which boast the most competitive Region in the country with the most competition. So, it would seem to me that the 'word is getting out" about the quality carrier that Wilson Trucking is.

Are we a little slower right now, yes we are, as the entire industry is. We will honker down and come through this bad economic time we are in and emerge even stronger. We own 95% of our property and paid cash for it, we own all of our equipment and paid cash for it, and we have absolutely ZERO debt. How many other carriers can make that statement?

We have, and are, making a great name for Wilson Trucking in the markets that we serve. How have we done that? 82 years of taking care of the customer and having an outstanding group of employees that show great concern for their customers and their company.

So having Wilson Trucking Corp once again being awarded such an honor is a testament to you, the employees.

25th Annual Quest for Quality Awards: Delivering on the promise
Which carriers and third party providers have delivered on their promise of world-class service? For the 25th year, our readers cast their votes for the most reliable service providers in logistics and transportation.

Quest for Quality - REGIONAL LTL: Perennial local front runners
-- Logistics Management, 8/1/2008

Over the past few years, the leading regional LTL players have shaken the dead weight from their campaigns and the most vibrant have worked diligently to re-vamp their message to their local constituencies. If today’s regional players were to raise a collective voice from the podium they would most certainly shout, “This is not your grandpa’s LTL.”

Regionals have expanded services, they’ve opened their arms and formed alliances, and they’ve added technology that has greatly improved tracking, reliance, and speed—and shippers using this category of carriage are taking notice. In fact, three of the four categories in this segment saw improvements in overall weighted averages this year.

For the full story click on the link below:

Quest for Quality - REGIONAL LTL: Perennial local front runners - 8/1/2008 - Logistics Management

All the companies get this same award we have the same one hanging in are bathroom at the terminal.......

Spoken like a true "Player Hater" to me . Hey driver , hate the game not the player . :hysterical: Your company may have this same award but i doubt it is in the bathroom . I would say we are still one up on most companies though and that is two little words that are very powerful DEBT FREE

All the companies get this same award we have the same one hanging in are bathroom at the terminal.......

Congratulations if your company was one of those to receive the award. First, you are incorrect stating that all carriers receive this award. Secondly, we appear to be much more appreciative of what the shipping public thinks of us since we do not display our award in the bathroom.

Wilson was one of five carriers that received this honor in the South and South Central. Our scoring was the second highest in this category and I think we all realize there are many more carriers than five that compete in the South. Actually more carriers compete in the South than any other Region in the country.

"All companies receive this award?" I don't think so. I can think of numerous carriers off the top of my head that did not receive this award in any category: Yellow, USF Holland, USF Reddaway, Vitran, PJAX, ABF, NEMF, Dayton Freight, Saia, Benton, Oak Harbor, Central Freight, Central Transport, and more I am sure. I am sure you can read the article and see for yourself. Not winning the award does not make any of these carriers a poor carrier. There are some top notch carriers listed above that do a very good job.

So, while you may not be proud of your company's accomplishment in receiving this award, we on the other hand are PROUD.

Congrats are in order my friends. I worked for wilson for 8 years and there is not an ltl outfit out there who has the rock solid reputation wilson has. Mr. Paul M. taught me that. I believe Big W will be around for a long time.

Congrats are in order my friends. I worked for wilson for 8 years and there is not an ltl outfit out there who has the rock solid reputation wilson has. Mr. Paul M. taught me that. I believe Big W will be around for a long time.

Thanx for the compliment Hooty.What terminal did you work out of???

I suggest this mantra for our company:

kirk-inspirational-awesome.jpg

Good job all, this is great! I like to take pride in the company i work for, seeing damaged freight on the dock deteriorates that pride a bit, but this is a good boost! yay!