FedEx Freight | Working For FEDEX?

Can anyone tell me how it is working for FEDEX Freight as an Operations Supervisor

If you like endless reports, endless days, and a dispirited workforce, this is the place for you.

You could pay me enough to do the job, but it would be so much we'd have to start getting rid of P&D drivers and trimming routes.

If you like endless reports, endless days, and a dispirited workforce, this is the place for you.

You could pay me enough to do the job, but it would be so much we'd have to start getting rid of P&D drivers and trimming routes.

ray_of_sunshine_photosculpture-p153622425412029145q9l0_400.jpg

Can anyone tell me how it is working for FEDEX Freight as an Operations Supervisor

grossman77 :clap:

Welcome to Truckingboards.

Where I work out of, in the west,
our OM Operation Managers are
very happy campers and never
have any problems with the road
drivers. But dealing with city drivers
is like herding cats. Just ask Franklin.:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

:shift:

I see a problem here...hiring or having to hire because no one wants the job from outside the company ... For a Operations Supervisor slot ...

And that folks.. means we haven't been ...Taking care of our people ....

if you ask me its a meat grinder for ops supervisors they come and they go where im at they have stayed for some time but they are getting burned out fast i see out ccm looks like death warmed over

I see a problem here...hiring or having to hire because no one wants the job from outside the company ... For a Operations Supervisor slot ...

And that folks.. means we haven't been ...Taking care of our people ....

slackdragon :clap:

For most even in the old Viking days
taking a job as a supervisor meant
taking a pay cut when you consider
that they get paid a salary and often
spend 10 to 12 hours a day.
So even if you get paid the same as you
did working 40 hours now you have to
put in 60 hours per week for the same
amount of money and twice the headaches.
Plus they expect you to have a 4 year
college degree with leadership attitude.

also if you go to Franklins terminal, you will have to listen to that ::shit:: all the time too :)

I have a question ... maybe I have been talking about something else .... a Operations Supervisor job here used to be a person that ran the centers daily operations, dispatch and dock sups answered to him.. we don't have one now ....

I haven't kept up ... maybe a dock/dispatch supervisor is called operations now ....

as a city guy in the south the tm at place i work has a thank less job. pass the the bad days on to the city guys who get out late deal with misloaded freight but when the vp guy in the area stop living in fantasy land and start getting the hubs to send freight to the farthest centers first those things might change. couldnt pay me enogh to do that job

I have a question ... maybe I have been talking about something else .... a Operations Supervisor job here used to be a person that ran the centers daily operations, dispatch and dock sups answered to him.. we don't have one now ....

I haven't kept up ... maybe a dock/dispatch supervisor is called operations now ....

slackdragon :clap:

OUR Operation Managers are exactly as you detailed above. We have an AM and a PM OM that help and act as SCM when our SCM is away.

grossman77 :clap:

Welcome to Truckingboards.

Where I work out of, in the west,
our OM Operation Managers are
very happy campers and never
have any problems with the road
drivers. But dealing with city drivers
is like herding cats. Just ask Franklin.:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

The reason there is no problem with the road drivers is that there are very few road drivers left. They drive a few miles then warm a forklift seat most of the night while PT quivers at the sight of ice and snow.

And being "happy campers"? Could be the drinking.

also if you go to Franklins terminal, you will have to listen to that ::shit:: all the time too :)

No, actually we've learned that nothing works in our favor. So, it's pretty quiet here. We've learned that HR is to protect management and talking to those that say they are interested in what you say is the same as talking to the hub seal on your tractor. The only difference is that it gives the HR person a basis for some sort of report that means nothing, but makes him/her feel better as they go down to dinner and drinks on our dime.

But yeah. Take a job where they can't get anyone in house to do it. (Knowledge is a dangerous thing.)

Good luck with that.