ODFL | Working on the 27th

That's one thing it seems the L/H guys get screwed over on the holidays. I'm sure you get paid but it seems like you can't always plan what days your off.

Then they put out that email that you need to pull out your slide rule to understand.

Run load for load until this time based on gate time of earliest meet partner.

WTH.

I took Wednesday and Thursday off. Skelton crew Friday and Monday. Will be out of town but back on Sunday. They asked about Monday but I declined.

Be safe whether your working or off.

Linehaul has always been screwed every holiday and every weekend. That’s one of the many reasons we get mad when p&d guys say we are overpaid.
Still overpaid.lol.Noone holds a gun to your head.We all have a job to do..I do think the Safety Program needs to be revamped with a different scale between linehaul and P&D.Line haul if you stay on your route and drive defensively you will always make it to your destination..City side there is so many variables during the day for sure .Just always blessed when I clock out every evening and go home without any issues for the day. Merry Christmas!!

Last edited:
Linehaul has always been screwed every holiday and every weekend. That’s one of the many reasons we get mad when p&d guys say we are overpaid.
Then when you get a chance bid greener pastures. Thank God I was only classified as a P/D driver 4 years out of 40. The rest was Combo or UE. People who work for a living.

Our yard has the 24th & 27th as Holiday but only the Friday as off. I’m thinking if I call out Monday I should still be paid since I technically worked the day before and the day after the Holiday as specified in the policy.