Worksite Preventive Healthcare For The Trucking Industry: Does it make sense?

C Di Palo

TB Lurker
Credits
Our company Revere Healthcare Solutions Inc. provides preventive healthcare at worksite clinic. We have a specific program to reduce / reverse health risk factors related to cardiovascular conditions. We have a research study which is under way to demonstrate, specifically for truck drivers, the effectiveness of the program.

I have a question for people who have experience in this sector: does it make sense for trucking companies to set up a clinic at "hubs" to offer preventive healthcare to truck drivers or truck drivers, being always away, would have a hard time using the clinic? In other words, would our typical set up, which works well for manufacturing plants be of interest for trucking companies?

Any thought and / or comment is welcome and helpful.

Sincerely,
C. Di Palo

makes sense, if it can be open 24/7/365....

many truck stops have some sort of clinic AND dentist...but only on some hours. a lot of good that does at 2:30 AM and you broke a tooth, or you come down with a fever of about 102....

Last edited:
makes sense, if it can be open 24/7//365....

many truck stops have some sort of clinic AND dentist...but only on some hours. a lot of good that does at 2:30 AM and you broke a tooth, or you come down with a fever of about 102....

Thank you. How many clinic would you guess are needed to cover all truck stops? Who is currently paying for the healthcare today? The employer or the driver? Thank you!

Thank you.

1) How many clinic would you guess are needed to cover all truck stops?

2) Who is currently paying for the healthcare today?

3) The employer or the driver?

Thank you!

1).....go find out how many are out there, and be sure to include the smaller mom/pop stops

2).....and 3).......depends on employer and how one is paid. if the employer pays taxes and benefits, then i guess that means the employer

if the employer pays on a 1099, then the employee pays which means a good percentage of the time, the driver has NO health care at all.

it'll probably take a few million dollars (more or less) to get this set up, for your company to "rake in" a few thousand dollars per month.

i think when you (or your company) or a professional survey is done,you will see that you will be on the losing end of this.

to ask a bunch of truckers on some website, is useless. you need to go to the truck stops and inquire with-in on rents/leases, security, traffic flow (of humans, not vehicles), and so on and so forth.

we as truckers will say it's a great idea, but i came up with the questions of hours of operation....can you realistically handle 24/7/365 and NOT make any money that month, to cover your rent or lease..??? for an extended amount of time..??

i think not.