R&L | World Class Customer Service Yesterday

braceface

TB Regular
Credits
I had to call 4 customers and beg them to wait on me yesterday, to make their pick-ups...

Was given 7 pickups, at 3:30, and the first pick-up was an hour away, and all of these customers closed at 5:00....

The laid off to many drivers, now they are trying to get them to come back at a reduced pay-rate, and they are telling R&L to get screwed....

Oh well, another day, as always, I will do my best, but it about puts a man over the edge, when on hold, we have to listen about our "World class customer service"

Yep, probably happening system-wide. I don't know how many customers we're losing, but I do know of one for sure.
My wife's company ships with us, and I've seen the freight bills, they've been giving us 100-125k worth of business a month.
But, they close at 4:30 and we can't seem to get a driver there until after 6, or 7, even as late as 8pm
So, when asked for advice on the matter, I told them to ship on another carrier. Too much competition to put up with that,
not when you've got other carriers begging for your freight. Plus, since the company has shown such loyalty and respect towards us as of late,
why should should they feel like they need to do it as a favor towards me?
No amount of complaining was gonna change anything , so cut 'em off and see how long it takes the salesman to come calling......

It's been a couple of weeks now, no sales calls, no driver stop-by, nothing....

And to think that I used to be proud of this place. :smilie_132:

Wow, your sales person must be from the YRC group cause that is where mine came from and I think the guy sees the same 5 customers every week and he gets away with it ???? Oh well, you are right, why should we take pride in our company when our services stink now ???

I've been recommending different LTL carriers to all my early closers,they are good customers and have always been great to me, but I just can't service them the way I used to. They cant afford to stay open later because we can't get our act together.The way R&L has been treating us is slowly rolling over to our customers. Hopefully they can find someone to provide the top quality service they used to get from us. Customer service isn't what we are about anymore.

I had to call 4 customers and beg them to wait on me yesterday, to make their pick-ups...

Was given 7 pickups, at 3:30, and the first pick-up was an hour away, and all of these customers closed at 5:00....

The laid off to many drivers, now they are trying to get them to come back at a reduced pay-rate, and they are telling R&L to get screwed....

Oh well, another day, as always, I will do my best, but it about puts a man over the edge, when on hold, we have to listen about our "World class customer service"
Hey Brace, what I want to know is why are you still using your phone to call customers?

The day I read the Zimmerman letter was the day I stopped using my phone for work. I radio into dispatch to make my calls now. I told dispatch since R+L has had some cutbacks.....well so have I. If you can't make the call and I get to the customer and have to wait, I'll call you back on the radio. Period!

Hey Brace, what I want to know is why are you still using your phone to call customers?

The day I read the Zimmerman letter was the day I stopped using my phone for work. I radio into dispatch to make my calls now. I told dispatch since R+L has had some cutbacks.....well so have I. If you can't make the call and I get to the customer and have to wait, I'll call you back on the radio. Period!
That's my theory too :clap::clap:

picks i dont get done with delivers till 5 then everything is closed router just keep sticking more on me aslong as i get it off he is happy but dispatcher gets up set because he needs my help i leave out with number one at between 9:15-9:30 then i dont get back to get number two till 12:00 just not enough time in the day and not enough people

our radio will not work once we're 20 miles out.......if you don't have a cell phone, you don't have any communication

our radio will not work once we're 20 miles out.......if you don't have a cell phone, you don't have any communication

I never used personal phone for work related purposes.Use phones at your customers to check in,some are ok with it ,some aren't. You'll learn which ones to call from. If something important from dispatch comes up and your check in call is too late,then, Oh well, nothing you can do about it.It shouldn't be your concern that dispatch can't communicate with you,R&L has researched this concern and there doesn't seem to be a problem with the communication system. Therefore no need for company phones,and there is no need for you to use your personal phone.

I am glad I work in Vegas. We over lap with other drivers. If I have a problem an other driver comes in and gets the pick up. As soon as it looks good I or the driver near me starts in and makes pick ups going in. The other stays in his area till nothig pops up. If something comes up That driver gets it. Are North end of town driver is heavy everyday. Someone will move north to help him. Whoever goes north. Some other driver will cover his area or the late driver will pick up th slack. It has alot to do with leadership. And a dispacther that see the big pic. They make the call to ask to stay late also. But they do it as soon as they see things backing up. I get a call everyday. Need to make room and pick up this early close and that early close. It is just all in a days work. I do what I can. If I get it done I get it done. But I don't go out thinking how I can screw R+L. Keep thinking like that and it will bite you later.

Give the supervisors a break, they spend the best part of their shifts trying to keep from getting thrown under the proverbial bus. If they sucessfully avoid the bus, then they spend the remainder of their shifts doing reports and justifying manhours. All of it added together makes it a little tough to try to move freight without damaging it and heaven forbid, on time.

You're definetly a better man than I. I'm not begging anybody for a damn thing, especially on behalf of this company.

Oh, well...

"I'll get there when I get there. Which one you want me to go to first?"

We had a dispatcher like that here, that would sit on stuff all day and pile it on at the last minute. That's probably why he ain't here no more.

Good. Why should you, or I, or anyone else feel pressured because of other peoples' stupidity?

To hell with their "world class customer service". I can sum it up in one simple sentence. "Bad planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part."

I've been recommending different LTL carriers to all my early closers,they are good customers and have always been great to me, but I just can't service them the way I used to. They cant afford to stay open later because we can't get our act together.The way R&L has been treating us is slowly rolling over to our customers. Hopefully they can find someone to provide the top quality service they used to get from us. Customer service isn't what we are about anymore.

I was wondering why I haven't had much coming from your place lately.