FedEx Freight | Would you quit if FXF changed the seniority policy from board to company time?

Would you quit if FXF changed the seniority policy from board to company time?

• I would QUIT

Votes: 38 27.9%
  • I would STAY

Votes: 98 72.1%

• Total voters
ok I got another question A man or woman did nothing but worked the dock for twenty years in this scenario and went to the fedx truck driving school and go to the top and a guy like me get with over 30 years experience with only 7 years here, is now getting cut cause some one with no weather experience, no traffic experience, no experience and i don't know about ya'll, the application I filled out required 2 years otr but then again I guess we can change than by the way I bet some of ya'll will be looking at this a little different now

ok I got another question A man or woman did nothing but worked the dock for twenty years in this scenario and went to the fedx truck driving school and go to the top and a guy like me get with over 30 years experience with only 7 years here, is now getting cut cause some one with no weather experience, no traffic experience, no experience and i don't know about ya'll, the application I filled out required 2 years otr but then again I guess we can change than by the way I bet some of ya'll will be looking at this a little different now

Well ya at any company since he worked the dock and before you came on and he was a driverthier before you got thier, then yes he is above you. Now I have heard of this scenario where the guy is a dock worker came to linehaul and now its possible the ex dock worker now driver will stay where the linehaul driver could be let go. Even though the linehaul driver is higher on the linehaul board then the ex dock worker. Thats not right:nono_h4h::TR10driving03:

this my point he was not a driver at all he was a full time dock hand and then when fedex said you have to have cdl he went to the school why should he get preference when he has no experience

really again??? how many time are we going to beat this dead horse??boy jeff really want that one board! maybe fred x is reading this and will help u out.

really again??? how many time are we going to beat this dead horse??boy jeff really want that one board! maybe fred x is reading this and will help u out.

Quit whining driver, if you don't like the topic , don't read it.

Why would I quit after 20+ years but the fact still remains most hired on to the job they wanted at the time. If you wanted to be a road driver when you hired on and wasn't allowed to it must be because you didn't have the experience, or they didn't need any at that time. Which means you took the position that was available and you wanted it or you would have gone to work somewhere else. But now standards have changed they will take someone off the dock who doesn't even know how to cross a set of scales and call him a road driver. Everyone has to start somewhere. THE BOTTOM not the top. Just get over it. It will never happen. But then again this is FedEx anything is possible.

Oh and it really doesn't matter that much as far as my job goes, The guys in front of me are not interested in my run because the miles are low.
I already have the exact run I want, well I could be number 1 instead of 2 but that does not matter either.

Most likely until it changes or everyone just stops reading his post. But my opinion is if you hired on as a road driver that is where you fall if you hire on as a city driver or a dock hand and come to the road your road time starts when you come to the road. But this is America and we are all entitled to or opinion it's just that mine is RIGHT.

I think actually a road board and a city board would be the best way to go as opposed to a one board system... Then I think the only way you could transfer to the road or city should be if there was a job available, and then I think someone should spend at least 1 year on the bottom before retaining company seniority, this would reduce any mass move by one board or the other.

I don't think that someone should just be able to come in and take a mans job.

I still say company on vacations bottom on the board. No matter what you say or do someone is hurt or doesn't like it. What can you say?

One board wouldnt benefit the company at all.Its a baseless rumor started by people who would benefit from a change. It wouldnt effect me much if it did happen.

whining? really.im doing the job i was hired for under the condition that was in place. sounds to me you should of made better choices. I started at the very bottom, worked the dock,nights and time away from my family laying over in hotels.im not whining jeff just doing my job living by the conditions i was hired under. IF you don't like the job don't work there!

whining? really.im doing the job i was hired for under the condition that was in place. sounds to me you should of made better choices. I started at the very bottom, worked the dock,nights and time away from my family laying over in hotels.im not whining jeff just doing my job living by the conditions i was hired under. IF you don't like the job don't work there!

I love my job driver, You are getting all butt hurt over a thread on a message board, like I said, if you don't like a topic that has been running almost 3 months then don't read it, obviously others like it or it would have fell off the board by now.