Central Transport | Wow... I never expected this.

Jeepstr723

TB Regular
Credits
So, a former Vitran/CT dock supervisor now at Estes in a supervisory position talks one of the CT dock leads/driver into coming over to Estes. He is in training for 3 days for three days. On the 4th day he calls in to tell them he quit Estes and is going back to CT. Apparently, he said he didn't think he was going to get 70 hours at Estes something that he is very used too. Probably quit CT so that he could collect the $1000.00 sign on bonus that CT is offering drivers.

So, a former Vitran/CT dock supervisor now at Estes in a supervisory position talks one of the CT dock leads/driver into coming over to Estes. He is in training for 3 days for three days. On the 4th day he calls in to tell them he quit Estes and is going back to CT. Apparently, he said he didn't think he was going to get 70 hours at Estes something that he is very used too. Probably quit CT so that he could collect the $1000.00 sign on bonus that CT is offering drivers.
This just goes to show you what drivers do when they have no life outside of work. We all need time away from our jobs to spend with our families. It's hard to do that working 70 hours a week....Wish him the best Jeepster and be glad that's not you....He's probably drowning in debt and has no choice. Thank God we both have made good financial decisions.

C.T. might have gave him an increase in pay. I know of a office person in the headquarters that left and was offered an increase to come back and turned it down.

C.T. might have gave him an increase in pay. I know of a office person in the headquarters that left and was offered an increase to come back and turned it down.
Smart man...........He probably saved his marriage.....Put a job before your family and rest assured you will lose them.

I've seen quite a few people come back to CT, from what I know just quite or threaten to do so and CT will give you more money. It only works if you are at the bottom of the board, so the top guys get screwed all the time.

Wow, $ 1000.00 sign on bonus for a job that gets you home every other day.

CDL A Local Positions in Detroit -INCREASED STARTING RATES $1,000 Sign-On Bonus
CareerBuilder - 30+ days ago

Job Description

Truck Drivers Needed for Dedicated Routes in Detroit! Competitive Wages/Paid Weekly!

Central Transport is seeking quality drivers to fill dedicated positions out of our terminal in Detroit, MI. You will be home every other day and off on the weekends.

This position is full time and has opportunity for advancement. We offer great schedules that have our drivers Home Every Other Day & Weekends Off! Central Transport also provides excellent income for those qualified drivers seeking to take their career to the next level!

Central Transport Offers:
•Home Every Other Day, Weekends Off
•Dedicated Routes
•50-60 Hours/WK
•Competitive Wages + $1,000 Sign-On Bonus!
•Paid Vacations and Holidays
•Referral Bonus Program
•Medical, Dental & Prescription , 401K Benefits
•Uniforms Provided
•Hazmat assistance program

APPLY IN PERSON MON-FRI 8-5PM:
7701 W. Jefferson Ave
Detroit, MI 48209

30 day OK to return policy, no lost bene's and a raise probably convinced him to return to CT. He told me that he had a problem with the current TM and he worked at CT for 6-7 years. So, he went back to CT because he kissed and made up with the TM after being away for 3 days. Yeah, RIGHT.

Most drivers that are required to work the long hours at CT would welcome a job that offers reduced hours, good pay and benefits that you could actually use. The drivers that I am trying to recruit from R&L are complaining about their long hours and the Sally Beauty they are delivering. I usually tell the people how many hours I average a week so they can decide for themselves.

Last edited by a moderator:
That guy is like a dog that was well trained, you can leave the door of the cage open and he won't leave, will go directly to his cage once brought in too.

That guy is like a dog that was well trained, you can leave the door of the cage open and he won't leave, will go directly to his cage once brought in too.
Yep.........And pee and poo on himself in that process while he's in his cage....Just the way he's wired.....He's brainwashed and hopeless. No self esteem and accepting of his fate. Truly sad.