FedEx Freight | Wtf

hayshaker2

TB Lurker
Credits
Can Someone please tell me what the FED EX definition for is “change of operations” is. Because I’m a little confused.
They sure have gone out of there way to say “ this is not a change of operations”

potatoes vs potatos'...
tomatoes vs tomatos'...
Half off sale vs All prices now 50% off...
change of operations vs operational adjustments

or my favorite catchphrase from the former Watkins LH/hub operation.... "re-engineering"

If you haven't figured it out by now, FedEx is going to do whatever they want to do. And their attitude is: If you don't like it, too bad. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

If you haven't figured it out by now, FedEx is going to do whatever they want to do. And their attitude is: If you don't like it, too bad. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Golfman :clap:

I think you got it figured out alright.
And..................we don't even get to vote on it either.

:nono_h4h::nono_h4h::nono_h4h:

I don't really get the "why doesn't FedEx ask me" routine. FedEx is in the business to make money, plain and simple. If they could legally get robots to drive the trucks cheaper, they would. If that is not the kind of company you want to work for, go work for some mom and pop operation for .32 a mile. Otherwise suck it up and get used to the fact that we are all just another number on a spread sheet.

What, you think FedEx is here for your amusement. FedEx didn't hire you because you needed a job, they hired you because they had a job that needed to be done. If you don't want to do the job then maybe you should go explore other opportunities.

I work for FedEx and as long as the checks still cash I'll do my best to make FedEx as successful as I can. When your name is on the side of the truck you can call the shots. Until then like it or not, this is the way it is and whining about it is an excercise in futility.

Obviously you have not become displaced from this merger. If you were you'd certainly be setting in a different light and singing a different tune. Didn't know there was someone with the name FedEx. But anyway continue contributing to the kitty, Mr NUMBER! Cause thats all you are!!

I work for FedEx and as long as the checks still cash I'll do my best to make FedEx as successful as I can. When your name is on the side of the truck you can call the shots. Until then like it or not, this is the way it is and whining about it is an excercise in futility.

leemcabee :duh:

Actually we do have a few drivers that have their names on the door of their trucks,
and they still do not get to call the shots.

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

the favorite saying by the red shirts at the service center I work. "Thats the way it is if you dont like it you can go find another job" I think that was passed down from hooterville. Not very good leadership...So why care if that is the attitude now.

Actually you're wrong again. This will be the second time I've been displaced. I started in Kent Wa. Then was displaced to Shamrock Tx. Now they're closing the Shamrock yard, that has 122 runs I might add. And now I'm going to pull up stakes again and move. It's not fun but as long as Uncle Fred keeps signing my checks I'll keep going where he tells me to go. The door swings both ways here. You could go work for a union company. I'm sure that things are Skittles and Lollipops at Yellow right now. Oh yeah they're getting ready to layoff 40% of the drivers at USF and endtail the rest into Yellow. Ooopps no jobs there. If you weren't affected then another driver would be. You see, you don't give a damn what happens to other drivers as long as it's not YOU. But what you NEED to understand is to us YOU are the other driver. For those of you who are quitting, I sincerly thank you, because thats how many slots I'm moving up on the company board.