XPO | XAB

What’s going on at XAB ?
I heard from there W&I that they shut the FAC down because the terminal was covered in freight. It happened before but only closed two days. I think the problem is a combination of not enough equipment, such as pups and vans, plus more freight, they have a Tractor Supply dc they deliver to, the FAC not finishing till late and leaving breaker in broken, and a management team that is fairly new, a Tm that been there less than a year and FOS that are 3 years to 1 on the job.

I heard from there W&I that they shut the FAC down because the terminal was covered in freight. It happened before but only closed two days. I think the problem is a combination of not enough equipment, such as pups and vans, plus more freight, they have a Tractor Supply dc they deliver to, the FAC not finishing till late and leaving breaker in broken, and a management team that is fairly new, a Tm that been there less than a year and FOS that are 3 years to 1 on the job.
I guess their still leaning the business
. Lol

I guess their still leaning the business
. Lol
I forget if the Tm can from another company. The two FOS on the Fac have been on the job two years and one year. The newest one definitely needs to learn the job. For awhile he was more like a dockworker then supervisor.

When I first started running toXAB, it wasn't as crazy as it is now. About 10 yrs ago, they started pushing more freight for reship to them, but now they can't handle it. The dock is to narrow, so every one is in each other's way, and trying to stage freight forget it. Your freight gets mixed up with the doors next to you, then if someone brings down a huge shipment 6-10 skids there is no place to put it. They need to streamline it, make it a reship for long run terminals only, so they can keep their long distance service on time and go back to making head loads a must, to cut down on damages.

When I first started running toXAB, it wasn't as crazy as it is now. About 10 yrs ago, they started pushing more freight for reship to them, but now they can't handle it. The dock is to narrow, so every one is in each other's way, and trying to stage freight forget it. Your freight gets mixed up with the doors next to you, then if someone brings down a huge shipment 6-10 skids there is no place to put it. They need to streamline it, make it a reship for long run terminals only, so they can keep their long distance service on time and go back to making head loads a must, to cut down on damages.
It’s crazy, when they build new docks they design them very narrow. I’m told the theory is if there’s no place to stage freight ,dockworkers will be forced to load into trailers. It’s one of those out of touch management theories that work on paper.

Last edited:
I did a via there two weeks ago and all the forklifts were parked outside near the ramp. No room on the dock. The fact that there are no mt’s at the FAC’s is killing us. XNW is just as bad. I have freight buried behind freight that hasn’t moved in literally a week.

It’s crazy, they build new docks even they design them very narrow. I’m told the theory is if there’s no place to stage dockworkers will be forced to load into trailer s. It’s one of those out of touch management theories that work on paper.
It would have a chance if there were trailers to load into. Many of our mt’s are sent out on via’s.

I did a via there two weeks ago and all the forklifts were parked outside near the ramp. No room on the dock. The fact that there are no mt’s at the FAC’s is killing us. XNW is just as bad. I have freight buried behind freight that hasn’t moved in literally a week.
Same here.

Where is AB?
XAB is a 61 door terminal. They use 60 of those doors. What is killing that place is the no empties. When you have to strip to load and the freight gets docked because of no empty trailers the dock gets blown out. Another thing killing the Fac is man power, when I first start running there is Linehaul didn’t send a driver from a terminal, You would get an extra one from a different terminal to cover, now almost never.

XAB is a 61 door terminal. They use 60 of those doors. What is killing that place is the no empties. When you have to strip to load and the freight gets docked because of no empty trailers the dock gets blown out. Another thing killing the Fac is man power, when I first start running there is Linehaul didn’t send a driver from a terminal, You would get an extra one from a different terminal to cover, now almost never.
Give them a chance their still learning the business!

Give them a chance their still learning the business!
I find it hard to learn the business when the FOS in sector that I work in when I run there will not ask for help or take advice from a former FOS. The inbound FOS can get it done if she get support from management. The dispatcher is just there for a paycheck. Outbound did it before at a different terminal. The other Fac FOS is new but has a grasp on what to do but the other one would rather do the work the delegate it

What’s going on at XAB ?
I’m retired now, since late 2019. But I do recall that XAB was a mess when I was still working. One of our fos guys refused to go their to be it’s scm when he had enough experience to do so. my scm where I worked even got involved at XAB. corporate would send him up there for two or three weeks at a time to try to straighten out that mess up there to no avail.
things never change, I guess.