XPO | Xpo charlotte or kernersville

BradBear

TB Lurker
Credits
So I was offered Linehaul at either Charlotte or Kernersville. Drive is maybe 5 miles different either way. I’m assuming Charlotte would be a better choice due to a bigger terminal?

Sometimes bigger means more politics to navigate, and depending on how big you may just be a number. However at some smaller terminals it may take a while to get a bid run and a lot times the smaller terminal get the left overs of the bigger terminal as far as equipment.

So I was offered Linehaul at either Charlotte or Kernersville. Drive is maybe 5 miles different either way. I’m assuming Charlotte would be a better choice due to a bigger terminal?
Pray about it. If you want to work for this company then either one may be good to at least get your foot in the door. There are pro and cons to nearly everything. Life is not perfect so just try and have a good attitude as best you can and count your blessings.

Another thing to think about: Will someone be hired under you at one of the locations you mentioned?

If so , consider the difference between the last person versus the next to last person.

Hmmm. So now it’s changed to they only have p and d available. I know things change but it’s kind of like bait and switch. Was told 930 am start time but I could transfer to Linehaul if and when position came available. Anyone know top pay for city. He did ask if I could work 12 hrs per day.

Hmmm. So now it’s changed to they only have p and d available. I know things change but it’s kind of like bait and switch. Was told 930 am start time but I could transfer to Linehaul if and when position came available. Anyone know top pay for city. He did ask if I could work 12 hrs per day.
Why are you using my girlfriends photo as your avatar? :idunno:

Welcome to Xpo. Lol! Look, honestly no one is hired for one position. Everyone starts in the city most of the time. The key is filling out your bid sheet. If you want pm linehaul as your first choice put it first, even if there’s no run available at that time. Same as city start times. If you want an early start, start your number one choice at 4 am and go up from there.

Here I'll update my post from your other thread.
You azz belongs to them for 14hrs a day, up to 70hrs per week, on what ever day of the week they need you Sunday thru Saturday. To do what every they need you to do, be it LH, city, dock. Being on the bottom means city Monday through Friday and LH on the weekends

Here I'll update my post from your other thread.
You azz belongs to them for 14hrs a day, up to 70hrs per week, on what ever day of the week they need you Sunday thru Saturday. To do what every they need you to do, be it LH, city, dock. Being on the bottom means city Monday through Friday and LH on the weekends
Pretty good synopsis, but one thing isn't right....once every eight days they have you for 16....

You only can use your 16 hour day at your convenience nobody can you when to use it. That is D.O.T. regulations
That might be DOT regs, but I know that they would say to guys "Are you refusing work?".... I told the dock supervisor one time I had already used it, he looked at me funny and left me alone...

You are not, and never will be, hired "for a specific shift". I don't care what anyone told you or what you think you heard.

You're being hired as a driver and you'll fall into whichever spot is available.

So many new guys hear "You'll be starting on linehaul" and somehow hear "You'll be a linehaul driver forever." Or vice versa for p&d.

You're a driver and seniority and available shifts will decide for you

Pretty good synopsis, but one thing isn't right....once every eight days they have you for 16....
Sorry they tried that then I showed them their term of employment. In their terms it says able to work up to 12-14hrs per day. Here is one of there ads from the XPO page https://jobs.xpo.com/job/Aurora-Truck-Driver-Home-Daily-CDL-A-NE-68818/1123202100/ I just pick the first one but they all say the same thing. I think Con-way said the same thing. I will say I got the death stare when I showed it to them. Management hates it when you know more then you should or that you read the employee handbook and call them out on bullsh1t

You are not, and never will be, hired "for a specific shift". I don't care what anyone told you or what you think you heard.

You're being hired as a driver and you'll fall into whichever spot is available.

So many new guys hear "You'll be starting on linehaul" and somehow hear "You'll be a linehaul driver forever." Or vice versa for p&d.

You're a driver and seniority and available shifts will decide for you
If you want to be hired like that go to FedEx Freight. Last I knew that's how they hired