XPO | Xpo Opens Two Giant Contract Logistics Hubs On West Coast

Did anyone notice that the article starts off talking about the new warehouses but ends up talking about the stock price and ltl
Like any good biz, xpo isn’t going to miss an opportunity to sell to the readers of this piece about their plans to downsize their offerings to one simple focused model...warehouse logistics and LTL freight. BJ wants to have his undervalued stock to explode upwards till it reaches parity with OD and other national LTL carriers in value, probably around $180.00 or higher a share, (let’s say), and then cash in like he’s been dying to do all along.

Like any good biz, xpo isn’t going to miss an opportunity to sell to the readers of this piece about their plans to downsize their offerings to one simple focused model...warehouse logistics and LTL freight. BJ wants to have his undervalued stock to explode upwards till it reaches parity with OD and other national LTL carriers in value, probably around $180.00 or higher a share, (let’s say), and then cash in like he’s been dying to do all along.
I think he’s out lower than that . This has been a difficult one for him to sell to the stock market $120- 130/ per share he’ll take his profits and move on.

The bigger question is when he leaves will it get better?
That’s when will have to pay the piper . The years of keeping cost down and neglected property and equipment will need to be restored. The pursuit of low o/r to lure investors will have to be repaid in some way . Where do you think those sacrifices will be asked to be made ? What will stop them ? You have to think forward .

That’s when will have to pay the piper . The years of keeping cost down and neglected property and equipment will need to be restored. The pursuit of low o/r to lure investors will have to be repaid in some way . Where do you think those sacrifices will be asked to be made ? What will stop them ? You have to think forward .
OD has a lower O/R then we do, how do they maintain every thing without sacrifices? Lots of our properties have been sold so upkeep isn't XPOs responsibility now. He wants us to be like OD but hasn't figured out how to do it yet

I’ll be speculative here and say that it will. Didn’t United Rental and Waste Management, former BJ start ups, do ok after Jacobs spun them off ?
They have done ok , but the fact that he left them only show his MO . He’s gonna do it here at some point. That’s when reality sets in and the sales spin ceases. If what’s left is sustainable it will continue.

It's amazing to me that after nearly 5 years ( October 2015 ) of XPO ownership of the LTL business , the best a person can do to find out information about another part of the company is to sift through press releases to the general public to try and figure out what in the world MIGHT be going on.

It's amazing to me that after nearly 5 years ( October 2015 ) of XPO ownership of the LTL business , the best a person can do to find out information about another part of the company is to sift through press releases to the general public to try and figure out what in the world MIGHT be going on.
I'll agree with on that, XPO isthe worlds worst at communications

Your boy Jacobs has been trying to sell off parts of this thing. He is well aware that it is to big. And frustrated about it. He built this up to big to fast. And paid a penalty for it. He is trying very hard to increase share holder value. And he can't do that with this company in it's current form. And every earnings call with the bankers and he gets so tense. As the bankers try to ask questions about growth of specific divisions of the company and Jacobs wants them to accept his total numbers and the conglomerate as a whole.