XPO | XPO People and Culture compared to Con-way Inc. People and Culture

This is a big fear. What if he does nothing but milk this monster for it's money ? He is gonna sell it anyway, why overhaul it when you can take advantage of it ?
Such cynicism, I looked at the XPO timeline and all I saw was aquisitions, what would you think that he would all of a sudden start selling off parts of the empire he's creating?

This is a big fear. What if he does nothing but milk this monster for it's money ? He is gonna sell it anyway, why overhaul it when you can take advantage of it ?
He has a plan , true. But , if he's smart like a lot of us agree , he buys low and sells high. It takes time to get this huge company pointed in the right direction.
Such cynicism, I looked at the XPO timeline and all I saw was aquisitions, what would you think that he would all of a sudden start selling off parts of the empire he's creating?
Just my opinion: I think Jacobs has a long term goal of going after small package/parcels. The two dominant players are just too strong and well established to try and compete with directly. So , you nibble all around their core business , all the while setting up your pieces and infrastructure you need to go into small package/parcel.

He's not an idiot. He's aware of what happened to DHL in the U.S. - If he wants to prime this collection of companies and sell them , it would have to be attractive to the biggest deep pockets. XPO already has a business relationship with Amazon. And like it's already been pointed out , drones can't carry everything ( unless they're the size of Chinook Helicopters ) UPS and FedEx are all about removing competition - buy up the competition , move into the competitions space and drive them out , undercut competition on price.

So if Jacobs wants to sell and make a HUGE profit XPO Logistics will have to be shaped up and make some waves throughout the transportation industry.

Not parts. The whole thing. This is what he does. He flips companies. It's what he did with Waste Management and United Rentals. Snow balled them into a giant conglomerate and sold off.

It's not his end game to be here with us 20 years. He will leverage assets to acquire more assets until the business is marketable. He said he is done buying for now. But that acquisitions would resume as immediately as possible. That EBITDA will grow with a 2019 time line.

This is not a guy that wants to be the CEO of a trucking company. He wants to get paid. He gets paid when he sells. He owns 16% of this. He will make a lot of money when he does find a buyer.

He has a plan , true. But , if he's smart like a lot of us agree , he buys low and sells high. It takes time to get this huge company pointed in the right direction.

Just my opinion: I think Jacobs has a long term goal of going after small package/parcels. The two dominant players are just too strong and well established to try and compete with directly. So , you nibble all around their core business , all the while setting up your pieces and infrastructure you need to go into small package/parcel.

He's not an idiot. He's aware of what happened to DHL in the U.S. - If he wants to prime this collection of companies and sell them , it would have to be attractive to the biggest deep pockets. XPO already has a business relationship with Amazon. And like it's already been pointed out , drones can't carry everything ( unless they're the size of Chinook Helicopters ) UPS and FedEx are all about removing competition - buy up the competition , move into the competitions space and drive them out , undercut competition on price.

So if Jacobs wants to sell and make a HUGE profit XPO Logistics will have to be shaped up and make some waves throughout the transportation industry.

I liked most of this post. Except about parcel. He is going after e-commerce. So you might consider that a REALLY big parcel. But it is different.

As far as time t takes. He has a 2019 time line. Which is consistent with what he has done in the past.

It's not his end game to be here with us 20 years.
I've been through a few of these buyouts and acquisitions over the years, and I have to be honest, I didn't really care what the name on the top of the paycheck was........as long as nothing changed within the operation.
:idunno:

Not parts. The whole thing. This is what he does. He flips companies. It's what he did with Waste Management and United Rentals. Snow balled them into a giant conglomerate and sold off.
I see, you're talking about selling off XPO logistics as an entire company, well whatever, there is nothing those of us at the bottom of ladder can do about it, so who cares? Or why?

I see, you're talking about selling off XPO logistics as an entire company, well whatever, there is nothing those of us at the bottom of ladder can do about it, so who cares? Or why?

Just that some people want to praise this guy like some savior. Yes, the old management is gone. And that gives us an opportunity to work for a company moving forward again. Those are good thoughts.

But this guy is just like the last guy. He wants his money. He has no other interest in this company. Money, and more money.

But this guy is just like the last guy. He wants his money. He has no other interest in this company. Money, and more money.
Whats wrong with that? I am only here for the money as well. If the company makes money we make money. If he sells us off in a few years so what? Whoever he sells us to will be in it for the money and if I am still here, It will be for the money. The CEO of XPO collects a salary of just under $500,000, a $15 billion outfit. If he can make a fortune "he is already filthy rich" selling XPO in the future more power to him. Maybe UPS will buy us and then we can all where brown socks.

The rebranding of a company happening fast would be the perfect scenario for employees, but why bother to worry about how fast it happens? They have a plan and it will happen soon enough, and since your paycheck hasn't bounced, you should sleep well at night. Don't let the small stuff get to you.
:1036316054:
True!... and you're right

Whats wrong with that? I am only here for the money as well. If the company makes money we make money. If he sells us off in a few years so what? Whoever he sells us to will be in it for the money and if I am still here, It will be for the money. The CEO of XPO collects a salary of just under $500,000, a $15 billion outfit. If he can make a fortune "he is already filthy rich" selling XPO in the future more power to him. Maybe UPS will buy us and then we can all where brown socks.

Strongly doubt we have to worry about the socks and I don't know what his salary is, but other than that, exactly. No ::shit::. That's what I am saying.

It's not his end game to be here with us 20 years. He will leverage assets to acquire more assets until the business is marketable. He said he is done buying for now. But that acquisitions would resume as immediately as possible. That EBITDA will grow with a 2019 time line.

This is not a guy that wants to be the CEO of a trucking company. He wants to get paid. He gets paid when he sells. He owns 16% of this. He will make a lot of money when he does find a buyer.
well if he wants to sell xpo in its entirety then wouldn't that mean he has no company to run after he sells it all? w.m& u.rentals were flip opportunities,he wants his global status just like ups&fed-ex and he now has it with two LTL companies on each side of the pond along with a large container shipment connecting the two! if he sells it all he has two choices 1)take his money shares and ride into retirement or 2)take his money and start another company from scratch! i'm guessing &hoping he prefers the c.e.o of a global company(it's an ego thing).

well if he wants to sell xpo in its entirety then wouldn't that mean he has no company to run after he sells it all? w.m& u.rentals were flip opportunities,he wants his global status just like ups&fed-ex and he now has it with two LTL companies on each side of the pond along with a large container shipment connecting the two! if he sells it all he has two choices 1)take his money shares and ride into retirement or 2)take his money and start another company from scratch! i'm guessing &hoping he prefers the c.e.o of a global company(it's an ego thing).

He's in his late 50s. Early 60s in five years. Makes sense to have one last hurrah. And to really swing for the fences this time. Right ?

I wonder will there be a clash or a backlash? If there's a big difference in pay for an XPO manager vs. a SCM , ( Con-way managment gets payed more for example )I doubt that the Con-way managers will keep the higher pay.

If the Con-way managers get more vacation than XPO managers , company cars , phones , bigger bonuses , and better benefits , this would cause tension in my opinion and lead XPO to give cutbacks to Con-way Inc. management just to even things out.

P.S. Saw one of the XPO management recently - seemed young , modestly dressed , humble car. Made me start this thread.

All I know is they are giving money to salesmen and managers to stay. That doesn't seem right, what about us drivers??

All speculation.
Even thinking Jacobs is smart.
No one can see what one is thinking.
He has shareholders to satisfy.
Period.

Increasing drivers wages is going to be the largest cost. Makes sense it should be well thought out. Patience.

Wasn't speculation Tm said top pay will go up not sure exactly when or how much but this coming year new hand helds an 5 uniforms not 3