XPO | XPO shareholders reject company bid on CEO’s compensation

Freightmaster1

TB Legend
Credits

XPO Logistics Inc. (NYSE:XPO) shareholders on Tuesday voted down the company’s nonbinding proposal that would have granted $80 million in long-term compensation for Chairman and CEO Brad Jacobs, an amount that critics, notably organized labor, said was excessive.

XPO is not legally obligated to abide by the outcome. In a statement Tuesday, an XPO spokesman said that the “board will continue to take shareholder feedback into consideration as it evaluates the company’s compensation program in the future.” The statement added that it is committed to “maintaining a pay-for-performance culture based on achieving ambitious goals and delivering shareholder value.”

GIF by ABC Network

Shareholders are starting to see the problem. It’s ironic that the shareholders see what the majority of the Xpo workers don’t see.Or should we say choose not to see.
The company can do better by its workers. The money is there it’s just that they choose not to .
The onion skin is starting to be peeled back.

Last edited:

XPO Logistics Inc. (NYSE:XPO) shareholders on Tuesday voted down the company’s nonbinding proposal that would have granted $80 million in long-term compensation for Chairman and CEO Brad Jacobs, an amount that critics, notably organized labor, said was excessive.

XPO is not legally obligated to abide by the outcome. In a statement Tuesday, an XPO spokesman said that the “board will continue to take shareholder feedback into consideration as it evaluates the company’s compensation program in the future.” The statement added that it is committed to “maintaining a pay-for-performance culture based on achieving ambitious goals and delivering shareholder value.”

GIF by ABC Network
Executive compensation everywhere is outrageous IMHO. For every shareholder vote I get to make for stocks I own I vote "No" on executive compensation. That's one way to be heard.

But without this 80 million how is Brad going to be able to buy his 3rd mansion?

Well I guess people didn’t ignore it. Ouch !

8A130A29-2409-4797-8DDB-06C80BC5125C.md.jpg

To be fair. The market got hit today. And it may continue for a bit. All the trucking sector took it on the nose. Not just XPO.

They have had a couple coup attempts against your boy. We might be seeing evidence of another one right here.

If they punt him or reduce his take. They get to split up what he would have gotten between them. Jacobs made the deal to good. They came for that money.

To be fair. The market got hit today. And it may continue for a bit. All the trucking sector took it on the nose. Not just XPO.

They have had a couple coup attempts against your boy. We might be seeing evidence of another one right here.

If they punt him or reduce his take. They get to split up what he would have gotten between them. Jacobs made the deal to good. They came for that money.
Yes they were down but no where even close in comparison to Xpo . Xpo was by far the biggest drop in the sector . The stock is not stable and it takes bigger swings. My comment was mostly in humor.

XPO stock still hovers around record highs with no sign of Jacob's cashing out or getting bought out, IMO he's in it for the long haul and the best we can expect is exactly what we've been getting!!!

Yes they were down but no where even close in comparison to Xpo . Xpo was by far the biggest drop in the sector . The stock is not stable and it takes bigger swings. My comment was mostly in humor.

FedEx lost 9.63. Saia lost 14.63. XPO 8.49. Just saying.

XPO stock still hovers around record highs with no sign of Jacob's cashing out or getting bought out, IMO he's in it for the long haul and the best we can expect is exactly what we've been getting!!!

He’s sold off $45 million dollars worth in the last month. I do sense sarcasm, however.