Yellow | Yellow’s equipment may be sold off by auction houses

I wonder if they will replace all the headliners, and sun visors that have things like, Jesus Loves You, YRC sucks, or Jaloc’s phone number written on them?
His number was written on rentals...... More exposure.
I'm sure most of the stuff left is just junk.
Zip ties and trailer tape. Sure they have alot of that stuff in the old shops.
I'm sure they had some newer stuff. But not much.
I personally wouldn't even think of one on my property for storage.
Have to throw in a sh*t load of trailer tape.
Be better off storing my stuff just outside. Lol.
RIP yellow/Roadway /and whoever else they dumped.

🤪

His number was written on rentals...... More exposure.
I'm sure most of the stuff left is just junk.
Zip ties and trailer tape. Sure they have alot of that stuff in the old shops.
I'm sure they had some newer stuff. But not much.
I personally wouldn't even think of one on my property for storage.
Have to throw in a sh*t load of trailer tape.
Be better off storing my stuff just outside. Lol.
RIP yellow/Roadway /and whoever else they dumped.

🤪
Mystic, they bought loads of new equipment - tractors and trailers - in late 2021/early 2022. There was lots of nice newer stuff in the system that you probably never got to see. Just saying.

Ya. I believe you.
I left in 19. They were buying some new stuff.
Mostly trailers. Line haul tractors. Nothing really for city drivers.
They probably still owe on those trailers and trucks

I don't know how they did the purchases.
Doesn't really matter now.
My best to all.
I'm sure alot have moved on already.
I hope so.

Ya. I believe you.
I left in 19. They were buying some new stuff.
Mostly trailers. Line haul tractors. Nothing really for city drivers.
They probably still owe on those trailers and trucks

I don't know how they did the purchases.
Doesn't really matter now.
My best to all.
I'm sure alot have moved on already.
I hope so.
They bought some sleepers too, for rail work.

IMG_6016.md.jpeg

Filings ask court to enlist help with liquidation of rolling stock

The filings also said the auction houses will provide free storage. The estate would have incurred storage fees to park equipment at the terminals once they exchange hands. Estes Express Lines’ winning $1.525 million stalking horse bid for Yellow’s 174 owned terminals allowed for 30 days of free storage, which was valued at more than $10 million.
Empty out the barns and yards so the new owners can move in!
:hyper:

The filings also said the auction houses will provide free storage. The estate would have incurred storage fees to park equipment at the terminals once they exchange hands. Estes Express Lines’ winning $1.525 million stalking horse bid for Yellow’s 174 owned terminals allowed for 30 days of free storage, which was valued at more than $10 million.
Empty out the barns and yards so the new owners can move in!
:hyper:
Ya mean billion with a b don't ya???? A big B....

New Penn in Scranton had all new Petes & Volvos from 2020 on
If you look at the dockets, you will see that many of those newer units were leased from Paccar Leasing and a Volvo subsidiary, and trailers from another lessor. They have been given the Court approval to re-possess their property (the tractors and trailers) a couple of weeks ago. What's left I'm not sure. As we all know, practically all city units are hand-me-downs from linehaul. Most have at least 700,000 miles, and some have double that. Many of them need major work like new DPF canisters, transmissions and other high-dollar items. Sadly, I concur with today's pleadings by Ducera that Ritchie Bros. and a couple of other auction firms are likely the best bet to retrieve, refurbish and market these units. Will that "bite" into the bottom line of what the creditors get? Yes, absolutely.

Sadly, I concur with today's pleadings by Ducera that Ritchie Bros. and a couple of other auction firms are likely the best bet to retrieve, refurbish and market these units. Will that "bite" into the bottom line of what the creditors get? Yes, absolutely.
Richie Bros, Ohio- exit 66 on I70 is crammed completely full right now (and was last month) WITHOUT Yellow stuff. Right now it looks like mostly exFedEx single axles. Lots and lots of owner operator sleepers, too. I have no idea how they’ll jam in the Yellow equipment? As an ex O/O, looks like trucking is heading for, or is already in a Depression.

If a guy has extra cash and wants a truck, they’ll be cheap- but about the only thing I could see an exYellow truck would be for is pulling a grain trailer or pulling someone’s personal RV????? Maybe put it out in their yard and go pee on it every day? In Marshall Illinois there’s still the Preston truck in a field that Preston Driver Art K paid to chrome up with his own $$$$, and then Preston closed…. Still some Preston labeled pups used for storage in farmer’s fields….

They bought some sleepers too, for rail work.

IMG_6016.md.jpeg
So. Your saying I have a delivery soon?
Our property runs parallel with some track.
I'll keep an eye out.
NOT!
Now a defunct company... I won't. See that.
Maybe FedEx or abf... Saja... Do they use the tracks?

So. Your saying I have a delivery soon?
Our property runs parallel with some track.
I'll keep an eye out.
NOT!
Now a defunct company... I won't. See that.
Maybe FedEx or abf... Saja... Do they use the tracks?
FedEx is white Volvo mafia, so yes they run rails, ABF has a spotter on their hoods telling the driver where to pull off at, and Saia has a terminal close to the rail yards, so I guess they could possibly put one on the tracks.

Richie Bros, Ohio- exit 66 on I70 is crammed completely full right now (and was last month) WITHOUT Yellow stuff. Right now it looks like mostly exFedEx single axles. Lots and lots of owner operator sleepers, too. I have no idea how they’ll jam in the Yellow equipment? As an ex O/O, looks like trucking is heading for, or is already in a Depression.

If a guy has extra cash and wants a truck, they’ll be cheap- but about the only thing I could see an exYellow truck would be for is pulling a grain trailer or pulling someone’s personal RV????? Maybe put it out in their yard and go pee on it every day? In Marshall Illinois there’s still the Preston truck in a field that Preston Driver Art K paid to chrome up with his own $$$$, and then Preston closed…. Still some Preston labeled pups used for storage in farmer’s fields….
Yea the value of the ex-fleet is going to be measured by the pound at the scrap yard the used truck market is heading for the crapper.

Yea the value of the ex-fleet is going to be measured by the pound at the scrap yard the used truck market is heading for the crapper.
Most of our trade-in junk trucks went to Saudi Arabia, especially the non-AC trucks.