Yellow | Yellow Bankruptcy & The Devastation of Corporate Greed

All your post compare union to non. Your firm is probably trying to get rid of the last of the Union carriers. Then drive down wages in the industry for more profits off the backs of employees.
No they don't, again you're going to see what you want to see.

As to "my firm", if we make a bunch of money from union carriers, why would we want them out of business? How would driving down industry wages and increased profits help this consulting firm you think I own/work for?

If you spend $3M/year with a consulting firm and lose $10M, or $5M with another firm and lose $6M, or $15M and lose $1.59, which one is money best spent? Whether the company is profitable or unprofitable doesn't tell you whether or not the money was well spent.
I will take the spend $5M and lose $6M because the total loss is $11M which is smaller than $13M and $15,000,001.59.

I will take the spend $5M and lose $6M because the total loss is $11M which is smaller than $13M and $15,000,001.59.
Yep, illustrating that just because you spend more or less on something doesn't mean you received more value for your dollar. That $15M consulting firm could have made you $1M and still been the worst deal unless you're Dokman.

Yep, illustrating that just because you spend more or less on something doesn't mean you received more value for your dollar. That $15M consulting firm could have made you $1M and still been the worst deal unless you're Dokman.
And the bottom line is: if the company's "leadership" felt they needed to spend that much on outside consultants, their senior management needs to be replaced because the consultants are doing those senior managers' work. The company shouldn't be paying for both.

And the bottom line is: if the company's "leadership" felt they needed to spend that much on outside consultants, their senior management needs to be replaced because the consultants are doing those senior managers' work. The company shouldn't be paying for both.
Not necessarily true. If upper management needed help with a particular problem many times hiring consultants with specific expertise on a temporary basis makes more sense.

If you spend $3M/year with a consulting firm and lose $10M, or $5M with another firm and lose $6M, or $15M and lose $1.59, which one is money best spent? Whether the company is profitable or unprofitable doesn't tell you whether or not the money was well spent.
I got another baseball analogy (tis the season)...Ralph Kiner led the league in home runs one year, he wanted a raise....his GM said "Nope, we would have still finished last without you." Always loved that line, but your point is correct....

Not necessarily. Oftentimes the projects that consultants are brought in for are short-term and rather narrowly focussed. That senior manager doesn't have 40 additional hours in their week to focus on that project, nor is that project going to last long enough to warrant hiring an additional employee. A consultant doesn't cost you medical insurance, workers' comp, payroll taxes, vacation, retirement, and unemployment. No golden parachute when their assignment is done either. Further, they are often paid on 30 day cycle, 30+days out.

I got another baseball analogy (tis the season)...Ralph Kiner led the league in home runs one year, he wanted a raise....his GM said "Nope, we would have still finished last without you." Always loved that line, but your point is correct....
He and Johnny Mize tied for a couple of years with home runs.
I'm offended that some guys can't stay on topic like yours truly.
An umpire was asked, "How do you call balls and strikes on guys like Ted Williams and Johnny Mize"
He replied, If they didn't swing, it was a ball.
I think Mize still holds the record for the least number of strikeouts for the big home run hitters.
(tis the season)

Not necessarily true. If upper management needed help with a particular problem many times hiring consultants with specific expertise on a temporary basis makes more sense.
Sometimes less, like the time Ryder was told if they put the safe driving signs( Call 1800 2 Advise) on our trailers would save tons of money.
The signs lasted about 2 months.
Another time, using this special fuel additive would save millions, after 2 years and a bundle of money spent, they didn't save a penny.

Sometimes less, like the time Ryder was told if they put the safe driving signs( Call 1800 2 Advise) on our trailers would save tons of money.
The signs lasted about 2 months.
Another time, using this special fuel additive would save millions, after 2 years and a bundle of money spent, they didn't save a penny.
That's life Breeze. Just like going out on a date, sometimes you get lucky, sometimes you don't. 😇

Is it greedy to give advice to someone and charge 100+ an hour and the company still loses money?
There is a difference between willingly hiring a $100+ an hour consultant and paying $60+ an hour because a strike would stop cash flow and cause your customers to find alternative. One is free market, the other is extortion.

You mean like paying the road driver to wait and the yard guy to do the drop and hook.

There is a difference between willingly hiring a $100+ an hour consultant and paying $60+ an hour because a strike would stop cash flow and cause your customers to find alternative. One is free market, the other is extortion.
And yet you had no problem working under that same scenario for thirty years. And now that you draw your 30-year pension every month, you think it is wrong for everyone else to try to do the same???
The word for that escapes me at the moment. Maybe someone will come along and remind me of what that is called!!!

And yet you had no problem working under that same scenario for thirty years. And now that you draw your 30-year pension every month, you think it is wrong for everyone else to try to do the same???
The word for that escapes me at the moment. Maybe someone will come along and remind me of what that is called!!!
Does it start with an H and ends with an E?

Hmm....if this extortion, then maybe someone needs to call the authorities....it would be called supply and demand....simply if you don't meet the bargaining units wishes, they won't work for less...

::shit:: head comes to mind.... :poke: :lmao::lmao:

The word for that escapes me at the moment. Maybe someone will come along and remind me of what that is called!

Ask a Clarence Thomas, he knows the answer to that question.