Yellow | Yellow Corp Files $137 Million Lawsuit Against IBT

Freightmaster1

TB Legend
Credits

BROTHER MURPHY UPDATED MEMBERS ON A COFERENCE CALL ON APRIL 20, 2023. Remember this?

THE COMPANY THOUGHT MURPHY AND OBRIEN WERE BLUFFING? THEY DID REOPEN THE CONTRACT AND PRESENTED THE UNION WITH A TOTALLY BOGUS OFFER! HOW SERIOUS WERE HAWKINS AND HARRIS AND THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS ABOUT KEEPING YELLOW CORP OPEN?

THERE'S A LOT OF FINGER POINTING GOING ON, BUT THE TRUTH WILL COME OUT DURING THE TRIAL (IF IT EVER GOES TO TRIAL), AND I BELIEVE THAT MURPHY AND OBRIEN WILL HAVE ALL THE DOCUMENTATION THEY NEED TO PROVE THEIR CASE AND PRESENT A STRONG DEFENSE OF THIS BOGUS LAWSUIT BY THE COMPANY!

THIS DECISION BY THE UNION JUST WASN'T A SPUR OF THE MOMENT ACTION, BUT WAS DONE AFTER THE IBT RESEARCHED THE COMPANY'S FINANCES AND CONSULTED WITH THEIR ATTORNEYS AND FINANCIAL EXPERTS IN WASHINGTON AND ON WALL STREET. REMEMBER THAT THERE WERE A LOT OF BEHIND THE SCENES NEGOTIATING SESSIONS GOING ON THAT WE NEVER HEARD ABOUT. IT WAS THE COMPANY THAT SHARED SOME OF THOSE TALKS, AND THE IBT SHARED THEIR SIDE OF THE TALKS THEN TOO.

REMEMBER THAT IT WASN'T JUST MURPHY AND OBRIEN...IT WAS THE WHOLE FREIGHT DIVISION, ASSISTANT FREIGHT DIRECTORS, REGIONAL FREIGHT COORDINATORS ACROSS THE COUNTRY, AND NEGOTIATING COMMITTEE MEMBERS FROM OVER 20 SUPPLEMENTAL AGREEMENTS INVOLVED IN THIS TOO.

IF MURPHY AND OBRIEN HAD AGREED TO "BASTARDIZE" THE NATIONAL CONTRACT AND ALL THE SUPPLEMENTS, AND ATTEMPT TO BRING A S**T SANDWICH AGREEMENT TO THE MEMBERS FOR A VOTE, HE WOULD HAVE BEEN BROUGHT UP ON CHARGES UNDER THE IBT CONSTITUTION FOR NOT ENFORCING THE NMFA AND THE SUPPLEMENTS.

I'M SICK ABOUT WHAT HAPPENED TO THIS COMPANY, BUT IT DOESN'T REALLY SURPRISE ME AFTER THE WAY MANAGEMENT RAN IT INTO THE GROUND AND KEPT TRYING TO BALANCE THEIR BOOKS ON THE BACKS OF THE RANK AND FILE.

SO LET'S ALL KEEP POINTING FINGERS IN THE MEANTIME UNTIL THE TRUTH COMES OUT DURING THE TRIAL.

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE NOT OLD ENOUGH TO RETIRE IN FINDING A NEW JOB. YOU WILL ALL SURVIVE!

SOLIDARITY,

FREIGHTMASTER1

Pretty sure a judge who ruled against Yellow on the restraining order, warned the IBT that Yellow had a case for damages.
The judge said that IBT has won today's battle but may well lose the war. What was not defined is "the war". Was that closure of the company, damage award at trial, ??? I'm not sure what the judge meant by that.

Pretty sure a judge who ruled against Yellow on the restraining order, warned the IBT that Yellow had a case for damages.
Read Article 3 Section 3 of the Yellow NMFA, specifically paragraph 3 on page 19.
"In the event that an Employer has been determined to be in violation of this Article by the decision of an appropriate grievance committee, and if such Employer subsequently is in violation thereof after receipt of seventy-two (72) hours’ written notice of specific delinquencies, the Local Union may strike to enforce this Article. However, such strike shall be terminated upon the delivery thereof. Errors or inadvertent omissions relating to individual employees shall not constitute a violation."
You might also want to read Article 54 of the Central Region Supplement, specifically the last paragraph on page 284 and ends on the next page. Which NOT coincidently, IS ONE OF THE FUNDS Yellow was delinquent.
"Employers presently making payments to the Central States, Southeast and Southwest Areas Health and Welfare Fund, and Employers who may subsequently begin to make payments to such fund, shall continue to make such payments for the life of this Agreement. Actions on delinquent contributions may be instituted by either the
(page 285) Local Union, the Region, or the Trustees. Employers who are delinquent must also pay all attorney fees and cost of collection.

In my opinion, the company really wasn't interested in real negotiations with the IBT. I think they underestimated, or maybe didn't understand how long it was going to take to "reopen" the contract and sit down with the National Agreement Committee and over 20 Supplemental Committees and hammer out a deal without totally "bastardizing" as Murphy says all the contractual languages, including past practices, local agreements, work rules, etc, etc. I think there could have been some way to use "red circling" of non-cdl qualified employees so that they weren't kick to the curb on the myriad of changes of operations across the country. They could have required new hires to have a CDL, but protected the people who did not or could not drive.

There would have been hundreds of grievances filed on this bogus "Letter of Agreement" that the company wanted Murphy and O'Brien to agree to. We can only imagine the political pressure that Murphy and O'Brien were under from over 100 local officers who were catching heat from their members at the Yellow Corp barns!

Finally, Murphy and O'Brien had top notch advisors who checked into Yellow's finances and determined that there was NO WAY they were going to survive...and the banks I think felt the same way! Let's see how this all plays out when the truth comes out at the trial...if there is one.

Jack Nicholson You Cant Handle The Truth GIF

That’s what I thought it meant. Had to make sure, since you used part of my middle name.

IMG_9385.md.jpeg

Read Article 3 Section 3 of the Yellow NMFA, specifically paragraph 3 on page 19.
"In the event that an Employer has been determined to be in violation of this Article by the decision of an appropriate grievance committee, and if such Employer subsequently is in violation thereof after receipt of seventy-two (72) hours’ written notice of specific delinquencies, the Local Union may strike to enforce this Article. However, such strike shall be terminated upon the delivery thereof. Errors or inadvertent omissions relating to individual employees shall not constitute a violation."
You might also want to read Article 54 of the Central Region Supplement, specifically the last paragraph on page 284 and ends on the next page. Which NOT coincidently, IS ONE OF THE FUNDS Yellow was delinquent.
"Employers presently making payments to the Central States, Southeast and Southwest Areas Health and Welfare Fund, and Employers who may subsequently begin to make payments to such fund, shall continue to make such payments for the life of this Agreement. Actions on delinquent contributions may be instituted by either the
(page 285) Local Union, the Region, or the Trustees. Employers who are delinquent must also pay all attorney fees and cost of collection.
Hoffa jr should have called a strike in 2010 when YRC stoped paying into the pension fund.

Hoffa jr should have called a strike in 2010 when YRC stoped paying into the pension fund.
If I recall correctly, the Yellow teamster members voted to reduce those payments as wellas their pay.
Not fair to say that Yellow stopped paying into the funds.

If I recall correctly, the Yellow teamster members voted to reduce those payments as wellas their pay.
Not fair to say that Yellow stopped paying into the funds.

Stop confusing the issue with FACTS! :732: :duh:

This will be tied up in courts for 20 years and in the end Yellow will come out smelling like a Dollar Bill !!
Pay Day Money GIF