Yellow | Yellow falling into Roadway's Shadow

I agree with you on changes for the better. The Roadway facilities are set up for the newer technology so it doesn't matter who does the moving. The Regional Director of Ops talked to everybody today to calm peoples fears and answer any questions. He said both companies have been in biz for 85 years so there's good people running both companies and they intend to keep us moving forward despite this tough economy. Tell your customers who you are, keep them pumped and get their biz. That will keep people working.

Small piece of advice. Play less attention to what Roadway tells you and pay more attention to what your union tells you. When REX is through useing you, They'll toss you like a dirty rag. You may think you are part of the REX family. Just don't have an on the job accident or injury. They will drop you like a sack of rotten potatos.

The question that no one is asking is:

Who's work rules are to be utilized? If Yellow moves into a Roadway terminal, are the Roadway work rules the ones we follow or are the BA's going to establish new ones? I was just wondering because in my opinion, Yellow has better work rules.

I think some of this is gonna be "play by ear".....

My Ops guys says to me, Ya know , TM drove by that Yellow termianl last night around 9:30 pm, and they were still working ( swinging freight ). I said, yes, that's right.... Ops guy says, WELL ! THAT"S GONNA CHANGE ! TM's not going allow that/put up with that ! "

I said their ops is different than ours ! This is lucky ! They USED TO swing until midnight over there. I know, I worked there ! Well, THAT's GONNA CHANGE", Ops guy says, when they move in here..... ( What a butt head :chairshot:)

Yeah, Ops guy, just turned 60, and got over 30 years , and no high school ed, you and ain't learned a dern this since 1965 6th grade ! .... Hope they offer YOU the same thing they did the Yellow Ops Lady, to get rid of her--she was 60 also but still did a helluva job--- ( They made a big mistake getting rid of her)

And OKAY, OPS guy...we still got a Yellow TM ( in Orlando, in on this one here ) Maybe he will be telling RDWY TM, and not RDWY TM calling the shots, here... It ain't over til the fat lady sings.....

Some of the "work rules" are gonna be a whole new experience, and can only be worked out when the chit happens....

Some of the reason your seeing more Yellow merging into the Roadway facilities, was that Roadway bought their properties and equiptment. Whereas, Yellow leased alot of the above mentioned. So with the mergering of these two facilities, it's just a combination of what's paid for, versus what's leased, And which some might be the larger barn, to handle the bulk of the day to day, So most will be paid for and very little to be leased, reduces cost.