Yellow | Yellow Freight crash/Fire @ Pulaski Va

Wow, great clip of the scene there in the video and it looks like they should be thanking the Lord too! Amazing...

They'll probably try to fire him because he got a ticket for following too close - an obvious chargeable. Hope he's got an otherwise clean record so he can fight it.

Just goes to show you that you gotta slow down and can't be in a hurry. I'm guilty of it myself. One time I was in a hurry pulling an empty set and had to brake hard for following too close (on wet pavement no less). Them there trailers did everything but jacknife. Well, that put the fear of God in me and I have slowed down since. Now I don't give a darn what time I arrive (within reason) because what are they going to do for being late as opposed to wrecking?

This ain't no slam on that driver, either. Glad he's ok. :smilie_132:

As the clip announced...The driver was Mr. James Duff from CNC. Mr. Duff ran a CNC to ATL bid....he is a great guy and old school Teamster. I am told that he only had a few stitches in his hand....he is very lucky......KK

I-81 explosion

My father is the person who pulled the driver from the cab. My mom and dad were traveling behind the trucks and saw the accident. They were in separate cars traveling to Gettysburg. My mom was able to stop and pull off the road but my dad couldn't avoid it and had to drive through the fire and the debris from the first truck.

He then pulled over, looked back and saw the cab on fire from underneath. The driver was slumped over the steering wheel. My dad, who is 71, said he wasn't going to watch a man burn up and so he went back to the cab. The door was jammed and the driver was not unconsious but also didn't respond. My dad was able to bang on the windshield and eventually the driver awoke. He was able to roll down the window and my dad tried to pull him out. But the driver's foot was caught on something. Finally, my dad pulled with all his strength and the driver came through the window and landed on his feet outside the cab. My dad and the driver got away and, according to my mom, 10 seconds later the cab exploded.

I'm so thankful that my dad is alive, as well as the driver. No one knows two people are lucky to be alive. My parents don't know the name of the driver.

They'll probably try to fire him because he got a ticket for following too close - an obvious chargeable. Hope he's got an otherwise clean record so he can fight it.:smilie_132:
with the amount of traffic on the highways today,way too many cars and trucks on one road...when something happens it sometimes could be impossible to avoid...thankfully everyone is ok

My father is the person who pulled the driver from the cab. My mom and dad were traveling behind the trucks and saw the accident. They were in separate cars traveling to Gettysburg. My mom was able to stop and pull off the road but my dad couldn't avoid it and had to drive through the fire and the debris from the first truck.

He then pulled over, looked back and saw the cab on fire from underneath. The driver was slumped over the steering wheel. My dad, who is 71, said he wasn't going to watch a man burn up and so he went back to the cab. The door was jammed and the driver was not unconsious but also didn't respond. My dad was able to bang on the windshield and eventually the driver awoke. He was able to roll down the window and my dad tried to pull him out. But the driver's foot was caught on something. Finally, my dad pulled with all his strength and the driver came through the window and landed on his feet outside the cab. My dad and the driver got away and, according to my mom, 10 seconds later the cab exploded.

I'm so thankful that my dad is alive, as well as the driver. No one knows two people are lucky to be alive. My parents don't know the name of the driver.

All I can say is your Dad is a hero, and thank him for being a good Samaritan from Truckingboards:1036316054:

All I can say is your Dad is a hero, and thank him for being a good Samaritan from Truckingboards:1036316054:

:bowdown:No doubt,im sure you are very thankful for such a brave father.What a great side of a very tragic story that could have been alot worse...Kudos to your dad..:1036316054: