Yellow | yellow freight wages

jday1197

TB Lurker
Credits
I live in Dayton Ohio and wanted to see if anyone can tell me what a new driver starts at around the cincinnati area. alos if there benefits are any good.

Jday,
Welcome to Truckingboards. Are you talking about road or city? Full scale for road is 54.400 per mile and you'd start at 75% of that. Road delay time is $21.65....you'd go to full scale in 2 years....one year at 75%....6 months at 80%....6 months at 90%. City scale is .08 per hour more than road....same progression rate. The benefits are the best in the business and are fully paid by the Company, including retirement.

stldude44 said:
Jday,
Welcome to Truckingboards. Are you talking about road or city? Full scale for road is 54.400 per mile and you'd start at 75% of that. Road delay time is $21.65....you'd go to full scale in 2 years....one year at 75%....6 months at 80%....6 months at 90%. City scale is .08 per hour more than road....same progression rate. The benefits are the best in the business and are fully paid by the Company, including retirement.

Don't forget union iniation fees Right now there $200 here (easy payment plan avail :) )but the local wants to raise it.

In most locals initiation fee is 50x the hourly rate.i.e...$21.65x50=$1,082.50.In most cases you can pay $50.00 per week or what ever fits your needs.Now your union dues is different.That's paid on a monthly basis.This in most cases is 2.5x the hourly rate.i.e.$21.65x2.5=$54.12 I hope that helps.Check with your local because rates vary from local to local.It all depends on whats in their by-laws.

Moparman said:
In most locals initiation fee is 50x the hourly rate.i.e...$21.65x50=$1,082.50.In most cases you can pay $50.00 per week or what ever fits your needs.Now your union dues is different.That's paid on a monthly basis.This in most cases is 2.5x the hourly rate.i.e.$21.65x2.5=$54.12 I hope that helps.Check with your local because rates vary from local to local.It all depends on whats in their by-laws.

1082.50 Wow! and I thought rasing ours to $400 was crazy, but they'll waive $100 for going to a new mwmber seminar, assuming this gets voted in, on 9/10

stldude44 said:
Jday,
What I was told was......
The labor rep for Roadway at Winston-Salem was throwing it around to forget the new hire pay scale....
Start tehm at %100 or after 6 months take them to %100 and retro and pay the first six moths at %100........
Because they cant get any drivers....... And I dont think our Local would stop that......

Holy oleo Batman, initiation fees are that much now. I paid the $200. Gotta pay for the higher ups in the Teamsters collecting 6 figures.

Toxic said:
What I was told was......
The labor rep for Roadway at Winston-Salem was throwing it around to forget the new hire pay scale....
Start tehm at %100 or after 6 months take them to %100 and retro and pay the first six moths at %100........
Because they cant get any drivers....... And I dont think our Local would stop that......
The numbers I stated were, per Contract, the minimum pay scales. If a certain area has problems hiring and the Company wants to they can pay higher than minimums. I personally think that they'd get all the workers they need if they did away with the tier pay system and I've told them that alot of times when the boss complains that he can't hire enough drivers. But, the bottom line is that it's Overland Park's call.

here in VA the Initiation fee is only $5.00 Due to this state being a right to work state they lowered the fee just to get the workers to sign up dont make no sense to me I feel if you work for a union company you should have to join but the state doesnt agree