Yellow | Yellow Ft. Pierce

Kennesaw Kid

TB Legend
Super Moderator
PREMIUM
Credits
I just found out the Ft. Pierce, FL terminal was closed last night....anybody got any info on this?......KK

uh.....Yellow Ft. Piearce terminal.....does Roadway have one too?
If, did they become room mates?.....KK

damifino...

I just found out the Ft. Pierce, FL terminal was closed last night....anybody got any info on this?......KK
Jimi, I left there about 10:30 last night (Friday, 3 Oct.) and it was still open... I was there about an hour before I left and Keith (closer) never said a thing about the terminal closing... He did tell me that D.S. (the terminal mgr.) was gone and they were being handled by WPB... I did see that 1 man was layed off there yesterday (saw his notice on the table)...
I had a couple of calls about this, myself... As far as I know, it's business as usual at FPR...

Yellow leases the terminal in Ft. Pierce and their lease is up on Dec. 31st. so they are moving into the Roadway terminal ( building that they own). It's a possibility that they moved in this weekend.

Yellow leases the terminal in Ft. Pierce and their lease is up on Dec. 31st. so they are moving into the Roadway terminal ( building that they own). It's a possibility that they moved in this weekend.
I don't think they're moving this weekend, if at all... The office, the dock and the yard was all intact and no word from anyone there about moving any time soon...

When I worked for Yellow, Day had Tm cover the Ft.Pierce terminal. They took it away from DAY... I don;t know whre it went, I was working for Roadway by that time.... At Roadway, As OB , I had to make this report each nihgt, since Feb... How many OB bills, etc... It could also let me see what other terminals were reporting also.. When DAY, had Ft. Piercem, 6 or so years ago, the billing clerk often didn't show for work..the P&D faxed me the bills for them to bill here at DAY. It was no big deal really.. Ft. Pierce didn't have that many to bill....

At Roadway, and this report I had to send every night since Feb... I could look at other terminals, if I knew how, and I could, and so I did... many nights Ft. Pierce, Roadway..reported 0..ZERO OB bills........

ZERO?? Was a bit hard for me to read, and to understand.... here at Daytona...DAY , 710......

My roadmen, at Roadway, have a bid to West Palm , only one or two bid men, ONLY, every other day....... and cover FT.Pierce in between... 725-726, vice versa...etc.....
If Roadway can close Ft. Lauderdale way back in the first step...then yeah... Ft. Pierce is gone too...... I worry about Ft.Pierce, Yellow or Roadway, when they report ZERO....for OB tonight.......