Yellow | Yellow Hiring Ad On XM Radio ?!?!?!?!!!!!!

COLKID

TB Veteran
Credits
Anyone heard the ad on xm yet? Yes you heard right they are hiring! A friend who transfered from COL to CVE heard it on the CNN channel.I looked up the my yellow.com site and there is a list of jobs to select from.I dont know about you but I have not received any work opp. calls from yellow.I will be calling the hall as soon as it opens.Please tell me we did not give this up too in the new contract?

See thread My head exploded.
just read it thanks. The questions remain however.Was work opp. given up under new contract? If so I havent seen it. I agree this is a attempt to defeat transfers. We all had this contract shoved on us by both sides on the promise of job security. Remember how many times that phrase was used in all the propaganda that was put out? The time to stop this is now.If you work at a terminal that has hired please post it! If they are going to hire post it! The only thing these outfits understand is losing money when you file.And they dont understand that very well.

Anyone heard the ad on xm yet? Yes you heard right they are hiring! A friend who transfered from COL to CVE heard it on the CNN channel.I looked up the my yellow.com site and there is a list of jobs to select from.I dont know about you but I have not received any work opp. calls from yellow.I will be calling the hall as soon as it opens.Please tell me we did not give this up too in the new contract?

Getting people to apply for the jobs doesn't necessarily mean that those people are going to be put to work right away. Maybe Yellow is just taking applications just to be ready to hire if things improve and they find themselves needing drivers just like they did a few years ago.

Art. 5 Sec. 5

No. Work opportunity was not given up. It was expanded to include CDL qualified local cartage and now allows relocation outside the regional area and classification.

just read it thanks. The questions remain however.Was work opp. given up under new contract? If so I havent seen it. I agree this is a attempt to defeat transfers. We all had this contract shoved on us by both sides on the promise of job security. Remember how many times that phrase was used in all the propaganda that was put out? The time to stop this is now.If you work at a terminal that has hired please post it! If they are going to hire post it! The only thing these outfits understand is losing money when you file.And they dont understand that very well.

Was not given up, has to be requested. If no jobs available, theres no where to go. :shrug:

No. Work opportunity was not given up. It was expanded to include CDL qualified local cartage and now allows relocation outside the regional area and classification.
Thanks for the info.I hope someone with more computer skills than me could post a link to the job list yellow has on their site.Some of these jobs have been on there for a while I dont know if they have hired yet or not.One other thing they only listed the job not how many jobs.Example-Road driver at term X.Could be 1 or 100 you cant tell. Thats why I hope people will post the info here.

Was not given up, has to be requested. If no jobs available, theres no where to go. :shrug:
Do not understand. Who do you request company or local union? In the past layoffs the company would call if anything came up.Did this change under new contract? Thanks.

Do not understand. Who do you request company or local union? In the past layoffs the company would call if anything came up.Did this change under new contract? Thanks.

At the time you are laid off, you can take an opp transfer at your own expense and loss of seniority. You can again request in writing the same, once every six months. Its in the NMFA. If you'd like one, talk to your terminal mgr or linehaul mgr. They only need to offer 1 place. Consider carefully, it can move you at your own expense from the frying pan into the fire.

Getting people to apply for the jobs doesn't necessarily mean that those people are going to be put to work right away. Maybe Yellow is just taking applications just to be ready to hire if things improve and they find themselves needing drivers just like they did a few years ago.

Never know with this outfit. When my group was hired it took us 3 months to get our 30 days in and the first 2 weeks only worked 1 day. They told us we had to pay our dues and one day it would all pay off for us if we could just hang in there for a couple years. Freedom fighters and dancing bears, well okay, mainly dancing bears. :bicycle:

suckers.gif

Yes they would.

yellow wouldn't hire drivers and NOT work them, would they?:nutkick:
yellow wouldn't overhire just to have laid off extra board drivers to use as casuals, would they?:nutkick:

What?:shock: AW, say it aint so!:hide:

I had to ask (sorry)

Never know with this outfit. When my group was hired it took us 3 months to get our 30 days in and the first 2 weeks only worked 1 day. They told us we had to pay our dues and one day it would all pay off for us if we could just hang in there for a couple years. Freedom fighters and dancing bears, well okay, mainly dancing bears. :bicycle:

suckers.gif
OK, Stan Smith, I give up. Just what the Heck does dancing bears have to do with it?:wacko:

Never know with this outfit. When my group was hired it took us 3 months to get our 30 days in and the first 2 weeks only worked 1 day. They told us we had to pay our dues and one day it would all pay off for us if we could just hang in there for a couple years.

Did you start around 02 too? I guess I got lucky it was 2 months, to get 30 days, but if I wanted I was told I could get a part time job m-t-w and maybe thurs, but had to be available fri sat and sun.

Anyway GlennMore was advertising on XM too. Can't remember if I heard it on 150 175 or 152

Did you start around 02 too? I guess I got lucky it was 2 months, to get 30 days, but if I wanted I was told I could get a part time job m-t-w and maybe thurs, but had to be available fri sat and sun.

Anyway GlennMore was advertising on XM too. Can't remember if I heard it on 150 175 or 152

171 and 173

OK, Stan Smith, I give up. Just what the Heck does dancing bears have to do with it?:wacko:

Why don't you ask about the freedom fighters...? :joke:

The saying is an inside joke and I am referring to the social injustices that are permitted to take place at LCP. The gentlemen agreements, certain union officials that hang out with management, and etc.