Yellow | yellow/roadway terminals combining

That is what I heard when I was in Toledo last week. And this came from the office babe. I sure would like to know what they hell they have planned. Does anyone believe we all are going to driving YRC trucks? And loading YRC trailers?

That is what I heard when I was in Toledo last week. And this came from the office babe. I sure would like to know what they hell they have planned. Does anyone believe we all are going to driving YRC trucks? And loading YRC trailers?

Just speculation on my part, could it be that this topic has already been hammered out with the union during neogations for the NMFA? YRC could be getting a jump start. Lord know, it wouldn't be the first time they have jumped the gun!

What we've been hearing about merging linehaul operations was inevitable. Guys this has been talked about from day one. I believe the brand names will stay the same for awhile until the customers realize that as long as their freight can be delivered it really won't matter whose taking the freight up the road.

What we've been hearing about merging linehaul operations was inevitable. Guys this has been talked about from day one. I believe the brand names will stay the same for awhile until the customers realize that as long as their freight can be delivered it really won't matter whose taking the freight up the road.
Sad thing is I don't believe they care now. I've had to move out of the dock cuz somebody give 2 dollars discount on a shipment. Guess as long as Zollars believes the brand loyalty hype we're good.

I can't beleive you guys have not consolidated these two Companies sooner. How much money could be saved if you reduced the duplication of management salaries. RDWY mgrs will be on the low end of this situation, but if Zollars wants to start somewhere this is where i would start.

I can't beleive you guys have not consolidated these two Companies sooner. How much money could be saved if you reduced the duplication of management salaries. RDWY mgrs will be on the low end of this situation, but if Zollars wants to start somewhere this is where i would start.

HEY MFASU................. Don't give him any help. Let him figure this one by himself. Thats why he takes the big bucks from YRC...Notice I didn't say "earn"!!:hide:

JR:smilie_132:

now that they are combining terminals they will have to work on combining boards and locals on the union side.
decisions have already been made on who to keep and who to get rid of. yellow or roadway employees in a certain area. but we are the last to know due to employee moral and that will lose customers at this point.
the customers don't care who delivers their freight as long as they get service and price. all the company needs is a flashy name like fedex.
i am surprised that there is not more talk of this on this board and calls down to the locals to voice our concern on this.

as far as dhl coming to the rescue that might be down the road somewhere maybe yes maybe no. but i feel that would result in more job loss.

i was hoping that yrcw would start their own overnight package service like rps did and give the big guys ups and fedex a run for their money.

now that they are combining terminals they will have to work on combining boards and locals on the union side.
decisions have already been made on who to keep and who to get rid of. yellow or roadway employees in a certain area. but we are the last to know due to employee moral and that will lose customers at this point.
the customers don't care who delivers their freight as long as they get service and price. all the company needs is a flashy name like fedex.
i am surprised that there is not more talk of this on this board and calls down to the locals to voice our concern on this.

as far as dhl coming to the rescue that might be down the road somewhere maybe yes maybe no. but i feel that would result in more job loss.

i was hoping that yrcw would start their own overnight package service like rps did and give the big guys ups and fedex a run for their money.

you are right about the customer's feelings on the matter for sure

as far as starting an overnight package service is concerned roadway's been there done that
they sold rps to fed ex remember?????

as far as combining the two main subs, roadway - yellow operations harder than you think
logistically more than likely a nightmare
what happened during the abf / carolina / red arrow fiasco, a clusterxxxx that's what

management is very inept when it comes to these types of situations
what you will probably see is a very slowwww intergration of the two big boys and for long haul freight exclusively

holland and new penn IS their version of abf's premium service
WHY SCREW UP THEIR LONG HAUL NETWORK WHEN IT WORKS!!!!!

at sac they just finished payving the dirt field we are now ready for yellow to move in let the fun begin

Toledo yellow is moving in to roadway 251 Jan 1. Their offices will be down at the end of the dock in an office trailer very seperate from the rest of the breakbulk. If it has to happen I guess this is the best arrangement we could hope for. At least now we don't have to worry about the possibility of moving to Detroit.

313 Just got the word Thursday that 6 to 9 months Yellow will be moving in, 4 of the Yellow big wigs were at the terminal and one was driving a Jag how appropriate :hysterical
Jeff should start a poll when we will all be as one big happy family