Reddaway | Yellow/Roadway

With the merger I'm hearing 8000 layoffs. Probably a rumor. Dos anyone know anything else. Obviously they say Reddaway will have nothing to do with it but we all know how that goes. Lets see 8000 layoffs and close Reddaway. Would that be the ultimate plan????

Don't quote me on this but I just heard a 200 terminal shutdown.
200 terms,
yea thats just for yellow and roadway.that wont effect us at all, well not untill they want to pack us in with Y/R, and just make it ONE big company, I cant wait to get my YRC shirt... will I have to be a union member too?:biglaugh:

stock market tumbles 500 points today, the single worse day drop since 9-11-2001, My 401k is getting clobbered, so much for saving money:ranting2:

usf523 :1036316054:

One option that you could use is to have your future 401K contributions taken from your paycheck go to the money market (cash) option. On days like today you would be buying many more shares at lower prices. Once the market goes back up, you will have bigger gains. Right now there is a lot of forced selling by margin calls from Lehman Bros. being forced to declare bankruptcy. Tuesday is shaping to be as ugly if not more due to AIG Insurance not being able to get a bridge loan from the feds. Ben Bernanke and the FOMC gang is meeting tuesday and we will see if they lower interest rates once more to try to stabilize the credit and stock market.

:smilie_132:

fed rates

usf523 :1036316054:

One option that you could use is to have your future 401K contributions taken from your paycheck go to the money market (cash) option. On days like today you would be buying many more shares at lower prices. Once the market goes back up, you will have bigger gains. Right now there is a lot of forced selling by margin calls from Lehman Bros. being forced to declare bankruptcy. Tuesday is shaping to be as ugly if not more due to AIG Insurance not being able to get a bridge loan from the feds. Ben Bernanke and the FOMC gang is meeting tuesday and we will see if they lower interest rates once more to try to stabilize the credit and stock market.

i bet they go strong, probably a whole 1% drop in the rate by the end of the month or more,we could be down to a fed rate of less than 1%:chairshot:

Wouldn't a union pension be good right about now. You silly sponge. :biglaugh:

USA TRKR :1036316054:

Just how is a union pension supposed to be good right about now when the stock market crashes, so do the union pensions. These pensions only pay out with the gains they make from the stock market. Sounds like you never heard how these pensions had to be bailed out by UPS from losses dating back to 9/11/2001.

With the merger I'm hearing 8000 layoffs. Probably a rumor. Dos anyone know anything else. Obviously they say Reddaway will have nothing to do with it but we all know how that goes. Lets see 8000 layoffs and close Reddaway. Would that be the ultimate plan????

It's 7,999 now. :nutkick:

USA TRKR :1036316054:

Just how is a union pension supposed to be good right about now when the stock market crashes, so do the union pensions. These pensions only pay out with the gains they make from the stock market. Sounds like you never heard how these pensions had to be bailed out by UPS from losses dating back to 9/11/2001.

Oh boy... You're gonna go that route. We've been down this road a couple of times and trust me... You're trying to start a losing battle.:1036316054: