Yellow | YELLOWS last REPORD CARD

No need to take a survey. 30,000 punched in and out everyday exchanging their labor and expertise for an agreed upon wage. That's not being cheated.
You and your continuing hypocrisy of it all... why don't you ever talk about this well known signed agreement by YRC...

5708031045.jpg

After all... there shouldn't have been any need for a survey at all yet if YRC would have lived up to their part of that agrrement ... should there?

But yet... here you are spewing your patronizing BS...

Holding union bashers to one standard regarding employability, while holding corporate bashers to another IS the hypocrisy.
Which... by the way... you never did answer my question of who... how and what standards you were talking about? But that's you in a nutshell... just ignoring everything that you can't honestly answer so it fits your narrative.

2731994481.jpg

I never saw the term "market value wages" in the contract Yellow Teamsters worked under. And since Yellow Teamsters were paid exactly what the contract stipulated, how were they "cheated?"
They were cheated by YRC's incompetent management not being able to live up to the agreement they signed... as simple as that!!! So tell me... why didn't YRC continue to pay what the contract stipulated until March 31,2024?

They were cheated by YRC's incompetent management not being able to live up to the agreement they signed... as simple as that!!! So tell me... why didn't YRC continue to pay what the contract stipulated until March 31,2024?
Notice how they are always forgetting Yellow stopped paying the Heath insurance on their employees I guess that's OK now? TBH the quicker the lawsuit against SOB gets thrown out of court I guess the sooner they can all move on. Time will tell. I pray the I B T does not settle.

Notice how they are always forgetting Yellow stopped paying the Heath insurance on their employees I guess that's OK now? TBH the quicker the lawsuit against SOB gets thrown out of court I guess the sooner they can all move on. Time will tell. I pray the I B T does not settle.
Not forgetting that at all. I lump Yellow not paying those benefits in the same pile as vacation, sick pay, and other benefits they failed to pay.

As far as any suits against the IBT go: Did they fail to negotiate in good faith? Did they fail to represent the best interests of their members? Time will tell.

Not forgetting that at all. I lump Yellow not paying those benefits in the same pile as vacation, sick pay, and other benefits they failed to pay.

As far as any suits against the IBT go: Did they fail to negotiate in good faith? Did they fail to represent the best interests of their members? Time will tell.
Yes, time will tell, and I sure wish that was sooner rather than later. I for one would like to see this get into discovery phase right away, get the facts and arguments all "out there", and see what transpires from there. If Yellow folds up their tent, we'll know that they were full of manure. If O'Brien and gang try to offer a settlement, we'll know that their actions were in the wrong. Either way, the truth of the matter comes to light, and I think that's good.

They are not punching in and out anymore.. But the People who refused to be cheated and went to ABF 15 years ago are.
Remember you said that so in ~15 years when ArcBest is gone, you won't be saying they were being cheated for 15 years, getting paid less than TForce or UPS Feeder drivers. The ArcBest drivers are getting what they agreed to, they aren't being cheated.

Remember you said that so in ~15 years when ArcBest is gone, you won't be saying they were being cheated for 15 years, getting paid less than TForce or UPS Feeder drivers. The ArcBest drivers are getting what they agreed to, they aren't being cheated.
That’s a pretty bold statement saying that ArcBest will be gone in 15-years. Please share your info and your sources about ABF’s demise!!!
Also, if you do the math, ABF actual makes a little more than the T-Force employees adding in pension and health&welfare as part of that cost. Not to mention an extra paid sick day and two extra paid holidays (3 or 4 extra paid holidays in some supplements).
And, UPS feeder drivers are not freight. They are package. So that comparison is two different types of work!!!

That’s a pretty bold statement saying that ArcBest will be gone in 15-years. Please share your info and your sources about ABF’s demise!!!
They're Teamsters.
Also, if you do the math, ABF actual makes a little more than the T-Force employees adding in pension and health&welfare as part of that cost. Not to mention an extra paid sick day and two extra paid holidays (3 or 4 extra paid holidays in some supplements).
And, UPS feeder drivers are not freight. They are package. So that comparison is two different types of work.
With regards to others' reference to prevailing wages and being cheated, I am talking about wages, not total value of compensation package.

I would argue that although the feeder drivers are employed by small package carrier their work is not of a different type.

They're Teamsters.

With regards to others' reference to prevailing wages and being cheated, I am talking about wages, not total value of compensation package.

I would argue that although the feeder drivers are employed by small package carrier their work is not of a different type.
So, because they are Teamsters, you are predicting that they will be out of business in the next 15 years? You don’t take into consideration that ABF is probably better managed than Yellow or that they are smart enough not to buy more than they can afford with borrowed money at inflated interest rates at prices 30% or more above market value.
And, as far as UPS goes, package is not the same as freight. Higher profit margins and much less competition than freight has!!!

And, UPS feeder drivers are not freight. They are package. So that comparison is two different types of work!!!
Actually SOR, not to split hairs, but tractor-trailer drivers at ABF and at UPS are doing the exact same type of work. They are getting paid differently because ABF is not as profitable as UPS - just like tractor-trailer drivers at Yellow were paid less than tractor-trailer drivers at ABF because Yellow wasn't as profitable as ABF. See the hypocrisy in all of this pay rate stuff? :idunno:

Actually SOR, not to split hairs, but tractor-trailer drivers at ABF and at UPS are doing the exact same type of work. They are getting paid differently because ABF is not as profitable as UPS - just like tractor-trailer drivers at Yellow were paid less than tractor-trailer drivers at ABF because Yellow wasn't as profitable as ABF. See the hypocrisy in all of this pay rate stuff? :idunno:
I'm gonna disagree with you on this, Tri. UPS feeder drivers and freight road drivers are doing substantially the same work. They don't touch the freight, they merely take it from point A to point B. UPS package car drivers are indeed doing a different job than freight P&D drivers.

I agree that the two tier pay thing is pretty ridiculous for the same work, but I still say that UPS drivers make more because of less competition and better profit margins than most any freight company has. Care to take on Ex396’s other statement about the demise of ABF in the next 15 years?
Not saying it won’t happen, but his rebuttal saying “because they are Teamsters” sounds to me like more hatred than common sense!!!

I'm gonna disagree with you on this, Tri. UPS feeder drivers and freight road drivers are doing substantially the same work. They don't touch the freight, they merely take it from point A to point B. UPS package car drivers are indeed doing a different job than freight P&D drivers.
That's exactly what I said RT, re-read my words, I referred to TT drivers only, not package car drivers. PS - I was a UPS Feeder driver for a number of years.

I agree that the two tier pay thing is pretty ridiculous for the same work, but I still say that UPS drivers make more because of less competition and better profit margins than most any freight company has. Care to take on Ex396’s other statement about the demise of ABF in the next 15 years?
Not saying it won’t happen, but his rebuttal saying “because they are Teamsters” sounds to me like more hatred than common sense!!!
I don't see that as hatred at all SOR, I see it as his projection about the future based on past history. Anyone who doesn't acknowledge the fact that unionized trucking companies have almost completely disappeared from the scene while non-union have grown and prospered is just fooling themselves. Stating that fact doesn't make a person anti-union. It's just an observation about reality. Frankly, I'm saddened that the Teamsters failed to organize the non-union companies so that we all could have been working under a REAL NMFA today.

One more thing SOR, you're saying that the difference in TT driver pay between UPS and ABF is because UPS is more profitable than ABF. My argument then is why was it so terrible for Yellow TT drivers to be paid less if profitability is the determining factor? Get my point?

One more thing SOR, you're saying that the difference in TT driver pay between UPS and ABF is because UPS is more profitable than ABF. My argument then is why was it so terrible for Yellow TT drivers to be paid less if profitability is the determining factor? Get my point?
I never said or insinuated that it was terrible for the Yellow drivers to accept less that I know of. My biggest complaint was that Yellow management kept asking for more and more concessions over the years without ever addressing the problem that caused it all which was buying all of those companies and never getting them merged together. It should not have taken the 15 to 20 years that it did to finally try to do what was needed to merge them all together. And that blame falls completely on Yellow upper management. Not only Yellow was affected, but all the other companies they bought were affected in a negative way as well. If Zollars had not gone on his shopping spree, every one of those companies might have very well been doing fine today.

I never said or insinuated that it was terrible for the Yellow drivers to accept less that I know of. My biggest complaint was that Yellow management kept asking for more and more concessions over the years without ever addressing the problem that caused it all which was buying all of those companies and never getting them merged together. It should not have taken the 15 to 20 years that it did to finally try to do what was needed to merge them all together. And that blame falls completely on Yellow upper management. Not only Yellow was affected, but all the other companies they bought were affected in a negative way as well. If Zollars had not gone on his shopping spree, every one of those companies might have very well been doing fine today.
I didn't mean to imply that you personally said it SOR, I was just commenting in general about the negative attitude toward Yellow concessions. I totally agree that there were many ways management could have done things differently at Yellow. No winners in the way things turned out.