FedEx Freight | yet another high profile meeting...

nukommer

TB Lurker
Credits
i wonder what kind of information will be comming down now if any... let's hope for the best and be prepared for the .... you fill in the blanks. one thing is certain: ACOPS is comming next year...

acops?

i wonder what kind of information will be comming down now if any... let's hope for the best and be prepared for the .... you fill in the blanks. one thing is certain: ACOPS is comming next year...

can someone explain acops. what does it stand for and what does it do?

ACCOPS is the computer system that is used by FXF. This system ties in all shipments, equipment and customer information. Utilized for everything from Dispatch procedures to customer maintenance and equipment control. Once FXNL is on this system.. all shipments, equipment, and anything else related to what we all do will be tied into both companies and will be visible between both companies. Probably the most advance system that I have seen in my transportation tenure. It is today for FXF, what the AS400 system was to trucking companies in the late 70's through 90's.

Are those white toll tag looking thingys on the left side of FXF trailors part of ACOPS? If not,or if so, what are they? truck safe dave

Are those white toll tag looking thingys on the left side of FXF trailors part of ACOPS? If not,or if so, what are they? truck safe dave

Gate Scanners, they are part of the system. Keeps track with any equipment and shipments as they move in and out of a center.. T-Cards on steriods!

Also gives customers a better system to track shipments. Just like if you are tracking a package with UPS and you read the history and it says "Arrival Scan".. Same thing.. When he trailer is closed down and rolls through the gate, all of those shipments automaticly show dispatched in the system.. Hard to explain, but very resourcefull.

Gate Scanners!

Gate Scanners, they are part of the system. Keeps track with any equipment and shipments as they move in and out of a center.. T-Cards on steriods!

Also gives customers a better system to track shipments. Just like if you are tracking a package with UPS and you read the history and it says "Arrival Scan".. Same thing.. When he trailer is closed down and rolls through the gate, all of those shipments automaticly show dispatched in the system.. Hard to explain, but very resourcefull.
are a thing of the past, The company is currently testing a new system that does away with them. We are finally going to computer logging. This info comes from a hub planner meeting.

are a thing of the past, The company is currently testing a new system that does away with them. We are finally going to computer logging. This info comes from a hub planner meeting.

Are you talking about the same thing that I am??? Gate readers/scanners are not going anywhere anytime soon.. and National will see them being put on their equipment. The regional Hub Planner meetings this past Monday and Tuesday that ALL hub planners attended mentioned nothing about gate readers. Not sure if you know the type of system I am talking about if you are at FXNL... But Gate Scanner (Readers) is a computer logging system that detects your equipment when you pass through a reader in our out of a FXF location.