XPO | Yield Increase Forecast For Con-way Freight!

Figures don't lie, but liars figure. The manipulation of numbers that I see nightly on LH is amazing. Swinging HLs to meet BS numbers, Breaking trailers to get one skid out of the nose. These actions all increase your true cost. Maybe training should targeted to UPPER MANAGEMENT.
no kidding...watched them swing a full pup because one top dog driver didnt want to take a 3 axle last night..unbelievable.I see more empty miles being run off the hub than ever before...but numbers never lie sir

Who knows what the "bad accident" was?

heard about it, not much details though..xsl i think? driver chose the shorter of two routes, hit a patch of ice, head a car head on and killed a mother of two..supposedly theyre looking at an initial 5 million in terms of costs

Last edited by a moderator:
I was wondering the same thing... If they're saying it can affect quarterly yield in a meaningful way it must have been pretty bad or at least litigious...

heard about it, not much details though..xsl i think? driver chose the shorter of two routes, hit a patch of ice, head a car head on and killed a mother of two..supposedly theyre looking at an initial 5 million in terms of costs

We wouldve seen an article on that one...believe me, the hater article posters would've posted that.
It prob. Has to do with the 5 people killed in Indiana in '09.

our TM was telling us about this the other day. From what I understand, there are 2 ways to run from the FAC home......the way the driver went was maybe 20 miles shorter by getting off the interstate. What I was told is that on weather days, we will not have to run hazmat shipments that require us to deviate from our routes because of this. Let's see if they really fence the HM shipments......

our TM was telling us about this the other day. From what I understand, there are 2 ways to run from the FAC home......the way the driver went was maybe 20 miles shorter by getting off the interstate. What I was told is that on weather days, we will not have to run hazmat shipments that require us to deviate from our routes because of this. Let's see if they really fence the HM shipments......
I heard pretty much the same. Was the reason he got off the interstate because of hazmat routing? FOS's didnt clarify..And always out to make drivers look like monsters.

We wouldve seen an article on that one...believe me, the hater article posters would've posted that.
It prob. Has to do with the 5 people killed in Indiana in '09.

That's what I was thinking... I've not seen or heard anything on any new serious accidents, and it would probably take that long to get something like that worked out.....

That's what I was thinking... I've not seen or heard anything on any new serious accidents, and it would probably take that long to get something like that worked out.....
well i guess hearing it twice at the domicile and fac tims meeting means they must be lying

well i guess hearing it twice at the domicile and fac tims meeting means they must be lying

Well, we know the five people killed in indiana is fact. You can research it on this site. What your talking about, we've never heard. And you know how rumors are started. What state or city did this happen in. We can probably find something on it.

Well, we know the five people killed in indiana is fact. You can research it on this site. What your talking about, we've never heard. And you know how rumors are started. What state or city did this happen in. We can probably find something on it.

it was out of xsl..or st louis i believe...I tried searching for in online and didnt come up with much so con-way must have done some serious damage control..But i dont think fos's would make something up like that.