ABF | You go Dayton ABF!! :) (TV 2 news story)

Yzguy

TB Lurker
Credits
I was just sitting here watching the news when I catch this story about ABF Dayton and the "Turn 2 Two" segment. This is where an unresolved issue such as a bill or a charge etc is asked to be investigated (in case you don't live in Ohio).

Boy was I dumbfounded to see ABF Dayton workers on there complaining about their unemployment being denied?Apparently (from what was told in the story) ABF is relaying to the Bureau of Unemployment office that these guys are saying they are not available to work certain shifts when this is not the case. That is called fraud as far as I'm concerned and I hope you get some resolution. Check out Ohio.gov and you will find the rules on that.

My spouse used to work at Dayton (he's been gone quite a while now) and you guys deserve all of your unemployment.

Stick together...everything is better in numbers!!! :)

blessings for a better tomorrow,
Yzguy's gal :)

I'm sorry, I have it on DVR (I was quick to hit record!)

Its WDTN.com and the segment is Turn to 2. Its not posted there yet but if I see it, I will post it.

I forgot to add earlier; Ken Olinphant (reporter) stated that he phoned ABF in Ft Smith, Arkansas and was told that someone would get back with him, but no one ever did.

Hmmm...surprised..nope.

;)

Thank you for posting that. It wasn't up on the site yesterday.

I hope the Dayton folks get some resolution. This is just pathetic. :annoyed:

I went thru the appeals process once. I had to call the unemployment department and get my case moved up the list. I had a court date in 2 weeks once I complained. I didn't get any money for 3 months. The administrative law judge ruled in my favor because the company didn't show up to court.

If I were these guys I would have a hearing or a court date with the company and iron this out once and for all in front of a judge.

I was just sitting here watching the news when I catch this story about ABF Dayton and the "Turn 2 Two" segment. This is where an unresolved issue such as a bill or a charge etc is asked to be investigated (in case you don't live in Ohio).

Boy was I dumbfounded to see ABF Dayton workers on there complaining about their unemployment being denied?Apparently (from what was told in the story) ABF is relaying to the Bureau of Unemployment office that these guys are saying they are not available to work certain shifts when this is not the case. That is called fraud as far as I'm concerned and I hope you get some resolution. Check out Ohio.gov and you will find the rules on that.

My spouse used to work at Dayton (he's been gone quite a while now) and you guys deserve all of your unemployment.

Stick together...everything is better in numbers!!! :)

blessings for a better tomorrow,
Yzguy's gal :)

This is CRAP!!!! They tried this same thing last winter at 042 when us road drivers got our letter of lay off we could sign up for causal road,bump the dock,or take the full layoff.What happened was some of the guys signed up for "causal road" and got called and turned it down and never heard a word from unemployment and some of the guys that got called turned the work down, ABF tried to fight there unemployment and lost in court.It seems like they pick and choose, there's no consistency.Good luck to 064 guys and gals.

The way I understand it there is an unemployment fund that they have to keep filled. Once that fund is drawn upon by a laid off employee the employer has to replenish that fund. They will do anything they can to keep from doing this.

The term class action suit comes to mind :whistling:...since there seem to be a 'group' of folks involved here.

Remember...numbers...numbers...

Yzgal

064 dock workers on the t.v. news(again)

hey guys,
i just want to say things are not easy here in dayton. we have 101 dock workers laid off. i would say close to 90% of those have had their unemployment checks denied at some time or another for "refusing work". now these people ALL want to go back full time and nobody is refusing work,but when abf claims we have,we must file an appeal and fight this. now while we wait to see how that goes,we go without an check sometimes for a week to six weeks. there are guys who only get disputed for a week,while some are having all their unemployment disputed,which means,abf wants you to repay the state all the unemployment you have collected. this my friends, is just too much to take. these are guys who have put in 9-12 years in with the company and this is how they are repaid? it's not right. we have a lunch group every two weeks which meets and helps those with questions and problems. it's been a great thing and it was on the local news as well. if any of you would like to view this,send me an e-mail asking for it and i will send it to you and i will send the other video as well. i also have a letter a laid off husband from 064 and wife wrote to wes kemp about their situation and things going on at 064 dayton. i also have the reply letter from wes. so if any of my fellow teamster brothers or sisters would like to see what's been going on here,please e-mail me at [email protected]
i will send you what you want,so you can share this with others if you so wish. as for contacting the union,we have done that. they gave us an appeal letter to use. it hasn't stopped a thing. the company continues to attack us. once again,e-mail me at [email protected]
thanks and god bless !