TForce | You have to learn to crawl, before you walk.

KGB 18

TB Veteran
Credits
Enough of this nonsense. Very few of you understand the first thing about building organized labor. First, you have to be organized. It was difficult to operate and organize while we worked this past year. The old ovnt managers were all over us (at least me) WITH THIS NEW CONTRACT WE HAVE THE RIGHT TO CONDUCT UNION BUSINESS RIGHT IN FRONT OF THEM AND THEY CAN'T DO A THING. That is power! If you truely care about your job and the concepte of organized labor; get invloved and help your co-workers. It is up to the leaders to lead. The na-sayers will dry up like dog sh!t and blow away. No one will follow a complainer. IT IS UP TO YOU TO MAKE THE UNION STONG! Not the Teamsters leadership! A UNION IS ONLY AS STRONG AS ITS MEMBERS! You have to do the heavy lifting yourself. Get involved or get lost!:1036316054:

Enough of this nonsense. Very few of you understand the first thing about building organized labor. First, you have to be organized. It was difficult to operate and organize while we worked this past year. The old ovnt managers were all over us (at least me) WITH THIS NEW CONTRACT WE HAVE THE RIGHT TO CONDUCT UNION BUSINESS RIGHT IN FRONT OF THEM AND THEY CAN'T DO A THING. That is power! If you truely care about your job and the concept of organized labor; get involved and help your co-workers. It is up to the leaders to lead. The na-sayers will dry up like dog sh!t and blow away. No one will follow a complainer. IT IS UP TO YOU TO MAKE THE UNION STONG! Not the Teamsters leadership! A UNION IS ONLY AS STRONG AS ITS MEMBERS! You have to do the heavy lifting yourself. Get involved or get lost!:1036316054:

..There`s also a saying don`t poke the bear...you get more flies with sugar that salt..lib the jest of it all the guys were told they would have input..they did not...so no I disagree ..precedent is already out there..this was a complete farce.imhho..

Enough of this nonsense. Very few of you understand the first thing about building organized labor. First, you have to be organized. It was difficult to operate and organize while we worked this past year. The old ovnt managers were all over us (at least me) WITH THIS NEW CONTRACT WE HAVE THE RIGHT TO CONDUCT UNION BUSINESS RIGHT IN FRONT OF THEM AND THEY CAN'T DO A THING. That is power! If you truely care about your job and the concepte of organized labor; get invloved and help your co-workers. It is up to the leaders to lead. The na-sayers will dry up like dog sh!t and blow away. No one will follow a complainer. IT IS UP TO YOU TO MAKE THE UNION STONG! Not the Teamsters leadership! A UNION IS ONLY AS STRONG AS ITS MEMBERS! You have to do the heavy lifting yourself. Get involved or get lost!:1036316054:

Lieb I have always posted with you before and have taken quotes from you based on correct and precise info. Now I agree that it takes all of us too make the union, but if the top dogs is not doing what they profess to do, what good is it. What good is a union if the do not allow you to do in what they so strongly believe in.

I have always believed in the union in THEORY, Not Practice. And this past sunday just sealed that comment. As you have said , this contract is good for you and the people in your terminal and it very well mite be. But on the other hand it suck's for us up here in regards to INS.

I am sorry, nonscence does not hold water when the amounts one made prior to this event are gone about 20,000.00 to be exact, this contract takes a 10 year turn in the opposite direction.

Now I am to believe in a TEAM SPIRIT. sorry I cannot swallow that.

Like I said, no one will follow a complainer. Concentrating on the negative, is the trait of a victim. I knew from the beginning that not everything in the contract was going to be to my liking. Now that it is a done deal, I will do my best to enforce it to the letter and live with the short comings, but I will not complain. I will take action and let management know that they will never step over the workers again. :1036316054:

Alot of you guys think we should get what ups gets well it took them 40 yrs to get what they have this contract isant that great but its a start and its up to us to make it stronger, the people that dont like it will be the first ones to ask the union for help if your TM sticks it up your *** so lets move forward

man! lie, i like your post you are awesome, steward vote.....at your barn should have your name all over it , ups will love your attitude, get r done!:1036316054:

Wow!

THIS IS AN INCREDIBLY POWERFULL MESSAGE! :1036316054:

Look around you...

YOU HAVE THE STRENGTH & POWER OF 12,600!

DRAW FROM THAT!

EMBRACE IT!

*** liebstandarte... YOU JUST GOT GREEN! *** :smilie_132:

Honestly I believe that while this is a good contract to some the union should have given more of a fight for the higher cost of living areas or at least let us in on the negotiations so that we could see for ourselves if they tried harder. All we were told is that they were looking at what is better for the whole not for the regions. This recession worked against us bad timing, but like I have been thinking all along if the first terminal would have been in either the West coast or the East coast rather than the Central States we would all have a better contract. At least now when our contract is up they will have no choice but to fight for a better contract because our dues will be into their budgets and losing them could mean losing hundreds of thousands of dollars a month to the locals which as we have all learned from the losses we took depending on a certain amount of money a month and then losing it causes problems up and down. Which is why I believe that if our contract in 2013 is subpar you can bet the house that we wont hesistate to vote it down and send them back to the table. After all a vote no is only a strike vote if we still believe the union can help us if they dont respect our dues by then then we can also decertify and keep our money.

we still have a chance with the suppliments

Suppliments will only pertain to work rules. There will be no talk of wages or insurance when working on the suppliments. Face it we are stuck with what we got... 4 cents an hour this year.. Thats a hell of a raise!

Suppliments will only pertain to work rules. There will be no talk of wages or insurance when working on the suppliments. Face it we are stuck with what we got... 4 cents an hour this year.. Thats a hell of a raise!

You could just tell the company you don't want the raise. I'm sure they would comply. In fact why don't you just ask for the standard ovnt raise. .50 cents and increased med cost each year.:1036316054:

You could just tell the company you don't want the raise. I'm sure they would comply. In fact why don't you just ask for the standard ovnt raise. .50 cents and increased med cost each year.:1036316054:

through the life of the contract, we actually will be making .10 cents more an hour compared to the standard .50 cent raise. This is due to the raises being split each year and the average raise will be .45 cents come year 2013 with the contract. Again the medical in this contract is costing me more without the union dues. Each year my medical has gone up approx $10 a week, by the end of the contract, considering it remains that average $10 increase per week, I will be paying an additional $15 per week, taking into effect the union dues and once again the loss of about $4000 in my 401k. Now how exactly am I making out in this deal.

through the life of the contract, we actually will be making .10 cents more an hour compared to the standard .50 cent raise. This is due to the raises being split each year and the average raise will be .45 cents come year 2013 with the contract. Again the medical in this contract is costing me more without the union dues. Each year my medical has gone up approx $10 a week, by the end of the contract, considering it remains that average $10 increase per week, I will be paying an additional $15 per week, taking into effect the union dues and once again the loss of about $4000 in my 401k. Now how exactly am I making out in this deal.

I agree, in the north we have been set back atleast 5 years. Allthough the work rules is the good point, we must wait too see what 60 days brings after this weekend, Its monetary value suck's. In our terminal there will be a few people paying big money in the medical. And in the next 5 years my raises may infact cover that. Hope to god I or someone in the family does not go to the hospital.

We could just stay non union and wait until January when UPS gives the non union terminals the same exact health plan with an increase on medical Ins.