XPO | You never know

Forty-Five

TB Lurker
Credits
Traveling down 65 to Nashville Tuesday nite, I had a 5 1/2 pound iron road reflector casing come thru my windshield after a car pitched it up from the road. This is the same reflector that is mounted on the centerline. It missed my head by about 10 inches, and also destroyed the window behind my head, before falling into the floorboards. I never saw it coming! I kept it as a reminder, that, you just never know when your time is up.:TR10driving03:
Just a reminder to hug your family REAL GOOD, before you head out.

Thanks. I've got pictures of the damage it did too. Just gonna keep them as a constant reminder. Sure makes me think in a new light.

Traveling down 65 to Nashville Tuesday nite, I had a 5 1/2 pound iron road reflector casing come thru my windshield after a car pitched it up from the road. This is the same reflector that is mounted on the centerline. It missed my head by about 10 inches, and also destroyed the window behind my head, before falling into the floorboards. I never saw it coming! I kept it as a reminder, that, you just never know when your time is up.:TR10driving03:
Just a reminder to hug your family REAL GOOD, before you head out.
Man, your a lucky one. I assume you were driving the truck?

Oh yeah. I was on my way to NNA, and it happened at the 11 over 1 on 65 in Indiana, at exactly 23:15. Made it 2 more miles to exit 9, and followed the car into the conv. store, cause he blew out his rear tire on it.
XLU sent a NNA driver to pick up my set, and a tow truck to drag my tractor in to swap out into a city unit. Then, sent back home with a set of empties. I think I had enough for the nite. LOL

Oh yeah. I was on my way to NNA, and it happened at the 11 over 1 on 65 in Indiana, at exactly 23:15. Made it 2 more miles to exit 9, and followed the car into the conv. store, cause he blew out his rear tire on it.
XLU sent a NNA driver to pick up my set, and a tow truck to drag my tractor in to swap out into a city unit. Then, sent back home with a set of empties. I think I had enough for the nite. LOL
You need to buy a lottery ticket lol:biglaugh:

You need to buy a lottery ticket lol:biglaugh:

I thought about that while I was standing there drinking my coffe, waiting on the tow, but I came to the conclusion that I had already used up my luck for the year. LOL
:biglaugh:
The only way to discribe the impact, is it sounded like a shotgun going off in the cab.

Forty Five,
You are so right that life can change in an instant. You just never know what lies on the road ahead.

I'm so glad to hear that you weren't injured or killed!

I'm sure it shook you up (to say the least), but you should be very proud!

The only luck involved that I can see was that it didn't hit you directly.
Your ability to keep it all under control during a split second nightmare like this, is a real testiment to your excellent driving skills. Undoubtedly, you have saved other's lives as well as your own.

Wishing you and everyone happy & safe motoring! :shift:

Thank God this thread is what it is and not a sad one expressing condolences. Good point about you keeping control in that situation, too! Kudos to you!!

Well, I guess that the 27 yrs. of practice finally paid off. LOL
I thank you all for your praises. Believe me, that is one instance that will stay with me for the rest of my life, however long that may be. I'd say that I had plenty of angels riding in the jump seat that nite.:shift:

Well, I guess that the 27 yrs. of practice finally paid off. LOL
I thank you all for your praises. Believe me, that is one instance that will stay with me for the rest of my life, however long that may be. I'd say that I had plenty of angels riding in the jump seat that nite.:shift:
I've got to say it; What if you had one of the new trucks without the jump seat?? :hide::hide: